Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Interesting letter from Home depot

tag
Jnbmom
Credit Mentor

Interesting letter from Home depot

DH has had this card for a while up to 18K and always a HP for CLI. We haven't used it much, I prefer Lowes. Anyhoo just got s letter that their policy is if the card has not had activity for 12 months ( last use 10 months ago) so true , they will reduce limit to 5001.

So I guess we either swipe card, take reduction which I don't want he paid the HP for line, or just close it.Decisions, decisions lol.

Just thought I would give a heads up in case anyone doesn't know this policy. I understand it of course.

EXP 780 EQ 791TU 795
Message 1 of 14
13 REPLIES 13
JR_TX
Valued Contributor

Re: Interesting letter from Home depot

May I suggest a new refrigerator? Or how about them new washer/dryer?  Smiley Happy

New cc TLs : 0/6 ; 0/12 ; 0/24 | HPs EX 3 EQ 3 TU 4 | AAoA 7y10m | UTIL 1% - 4% | $300K+ Total Limits

Message 2 of 14
Jnbmom
Credit Mentor

@JR_TX wrote:

May I suggest a new refrigerator? Or how about them new washer/dryer?  Smiley Happy

@JR_TX 

I am thinking a 10 dollar rakeSmiley Happy

EXP 780 EQ 791TU 795
Message 3 of 14
AverageJoesCredit
Legendary Contributor

Sheesh, i havent used mine in probably a year. I should make a charge, they send me constant finance offers . My limit is only 5k where it wont grow for anything but if it closed i guess no big lossSmiley Wink. I vote a Rake and a sodaSmiley Happy
Message 4 of 14
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Jnbmom ... seems they have your number? Must have picked up on your preference for Lowes (I like them too).
Message 5 of 14
Turbobuick
Established Contributor

They sell gum and tic tacs at the registers. Might as well have minty breath while keeping your CL. 

Message 6 of 14
Anonymous
Not applicable

Plenty of stuff to buy...batteries, lightbulbs, cleaning supplies etc.  If only Best Buy sold gum....

Message 7 of 14
CreditInspired
Community Leader
Super Contributor

It was nice of HD to give you a warning. 

|| AmX Cash Magnet $40.5K || NFCU CashRewards $30K || Discover IT $24.7K || Macys $24.2K || NFCU CLOC $15K || NFCU Platinum $15K || CitiCostco $12.7K || Chase FU $12.7K || Apple Card $7K || BOA CashRewards $6K
Message 8 of 14
Anonymous
Not applicable

Do what I do.  Buy a big cooler from a Home Depot for a party and then return it after the party.

Message 9 of 14
Jnbmom
Credit Mentor

@CreditInspired wrote:

It was nice of HD to give you a warning. 

@CreditInspired  Yes I do appreciate that, they could have just slashed limit and explained later.

EXP 780 EQ 791TU 795
Message 10 of 14
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.