Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Interesting myfico alert

tag
infoseek2012
Established Member

Interesting myfico alert

I received an alert recently that showed an increase in balance on one of my cards.  However, it actually says TWO of my accounts showed an increase, but it's only one card.  The account numbers are the same and the balances are identical.  Could this just be a glitch?  I haven't pulled my credit report recently (since the increase) but I guess I could if I needed to.  I'd like to avoid the cost if I can though!

Message 1 of 7
6 REPLIES 6
BrokaToe
Established Contributor

Re: Interesting myfico alert

I get the same thing everytime one of my accounts updates. I've looked at my report and it is only showing the one tradeline. But the Alert always shows it as two identicle ones. I'm sure it's just a glitch of some sort, nothing to worry about. Smiley Happy

border="0" align="left" width="450" height="90">
Message 2 of 7
Gunnar419
Valued Contributor

I've had that happen twice now in the month that I've been a Score Watch subscriber. It appears to be just a SW glitch -- no duplicate info showing up on reports.

Message 3 of 7
OhioCPA
Frequent Contributor

As I understand, if you have card activity that triggers two of the different alerts, you will get both alerts. For example, if your new balance exceeds the percentage change as well as the dollar change thresholds, you will get both alerts.

________________________________________________________________________________
Message 4 of 7
infoseek2012
Established Member

Thanks!  That's kind of what I figured.  Good to know I'm not the only one who has seen this.  Smiley Happy

Message 5 of 7
RSCo
Established Contributor

May be an alert about one card, however, the alert is being reported by 2 credit agencies.. This happens alot to me and then I look at the report and it says alert from equifax and experian.... But its for the same account..

$30,500$18,500NPSL$15,000$10,000$25,000$32,000
Message 6 of 7
distantarray
Established Contributor

Trying to understand Fico scoring is like trying to understand a woman not worth worry about just take care of your business and your all good =)

total credit limits $108,400 Credit scores Ex 728 EQ 738 TU 758
Message 7 of 7
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.