Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Interesting offer from Citi

tag
joltdude
Senior Contributor

Re: Interesting offer from Citi

Matt

Next time you answer a post like that just tell the details please of the better solution and not leave me hanging..

And please remember FSR... youve done some BT shifting in the past.. and are attempting to churn bonuses... 

I didn't ask for your judgement of my financial situation nor have fed you enough to make such an assumption..

Thanks

-J

Message 11 of 20
Anonymous
Not applicable

Jolt - You could have said well, what do I do after the 15 months?

Instead you just insisted Citi was better. I'm not trying to be judgemental, I'm giving you the same message I was given by multiple others on these forums. They advised me that BT's are not a long term solution.

If I was being FSR I wouldn't have taken the time to give you a 27 month BT at 0% with no BT Fees if I wasn't.

Thanks - Matt

Message 12 of 20
Anonymous
Not applicable

Also,

"and are attempting to churn bonuses...".

I have never nor would I condone churning bonuses. To me this means opening a card strictly for the bonus getting it then closing the card or PC'ing it. Then after 24 months opening the card again for another sign up bonus.

I wouldn't ever open a card just to get the bonus then PC or close it. I've done 1 PC in my life and it was from Slate to FU because I did do a BT then paid it off. The Slate no longer had any value because it couldn't earn points so I PC'd it to keep it, and that was after 14 months of having it even though it was paid at month 10 in full.

Don't assume things I'm not here to be rude, I'm giving genuine advice as it is given to me as well. When you assume you make an a s s of u and me. Smiley Wink
Message 13 of 20
joltdude
Senior Contributor

Actually they were the best deal I saw at the time. and since i had no data for another deal.....

Also on the outside it looked like better terms. I dont expect to get 0 for everything.. its unrealistic.. i.e. the perfect deal... 

Thought it was a bit snarky when you left me high and dry saying you could do better..... if you said.. hey you can get even a better deal (here it is)...

At first it didnt seem like a good fit.. but after all is said and done. if im offered it, i might accept because you gave a decent explanation of a better way to do it..

Adding the.. well if you need longer.. Its something i try to avoid when talking to folks... And frankly i was just entertaining the BT so i could save a little on interest after my 0 offer expires.. ended up making a large purchase near the tail end of it...  even my blispay will be paid off  in the next billing cycle so it makes perfect sense to get a 0 offer to deal with that one balance. 

Message 14 of 20
Anonymous
Not applicable

I have an 11k BT right now I'm definitely not knocking BT offers, I'm just saying maybe ask and someone may give you a better solution, you never know.

Didn't mean to come off as snarky, just a 3% up front Fee seems steep definitely better BT offers out there just need to take the time to find them.
Message 15 of 20
UncleB
Credit Mentor

We need to get this back on track.

For the record, there's nothing wrong with using a BT - even for a full 21 months (or longer). 

It doesn't mean you're not working on paying it down, and it doesn't mean you're a spendthrift.  Sometimes kids need braces, the AC goes out, etc. and it might take 21 months (or even longer!) to get the balance paid off in full. 

Not everyone can pay off a large balance in a few months, and in these cases the goal is to minimize the amount of interest that is paid.

Moving on...

Message 16 of 20
Anonymous
Not applicable

UncleB - Pull up my threads I got a few comments essentially shaming me for possible wanting to extend another BT after my current BT. People saying BT is not a long term solution and so on, but 0 intervention from mods...

Anyways, if you read my subsequent posts I was not at all saying anything is wrong with it and EVEN SUGGESTED a method to get a 27 month BT should OP need it.
Message 17 of 20
UncleB
Credit Mentor

@Anonymous wrote:
UncleB - Pull up my threads I got a few comments essentially shaming me for possible wanting to extend another BT after my current BT. People saying BT is not a long term solution and so on, but 0 intervention from mods...

Anyways, if you read my subsequent posts I was not at all saying anything is wrong with it and EVEN SUGGESTED a method to get a 27 month BT should OP need it.

I didn't call anyone out... I just made a statement. 

If you feel you're being shamed elsewhere and that anybody is crossing the FSR line you need to flag the post so it can be dealt with. 

Again, moving on...

Message 18 of 20
Anonymous
Not applicable

I agree with Matt that the 3% fee does kind of kill this offer. It's not a bad offer, but as he pointed out better options are most likely available if you look around. If you really need it and can't find a better option, go for the Citi, it's not a bad deal at all.
However if you can qualify for other cards like Slate, you can most likely get more than 21 months with no fee, just have to use more than one card.
If you get the slate and get 15 totally free months, nothing to lose. You paid no interest or fees for 15 months, then the Citi deal will most likely still be around as it has been for a couple years if you can't find something better.

As far as BT'ing a BT, no shame in that. They offer it with the hope, but obviously not obligation that you will go past it and pay high interest. I think BT hopping is the best form of financing lol. My DW has about 10k on a 0% right now that she started a little side business with. We are expecting our second kid in a few months and she will most likely take about a year or so off from work until both kids are a bit older for daycare. You can bet we will be BT'ing that BT during her break.
Message 19 of 20
Anonymous
Not applicable

"If you get the slate and get 15 totally free months, nothing to lose. You paid no interest or fees for 15 months, then the Citi deal will most likely still be around as it has been for a couple years if you can't find something better."

My my point exactly. With Slate you don't pay anything so there's literally no downside to getting it.
Message 20 of 20
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.