cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Interesting preapproval - no HP to accept?

tag
heyryan
Frequent Contributor

Interesting preapproval - no HP to accept?

Received an interesting pre-approval offer from one of my credit unions. One of their rewards cards, $10K limit, but no hard pull to accept it. It looks like they SP'd TransUnion to generate the offer. I've seen a few reports of similar approvals out there, but is this common? It seems odd not to have a HP if you accept the card. 

Untitled.png

Personal:

Business:

(TU Split File - FIXED!)
Message 1 of 22
21 REPLIES 21
Ysettle4
Valued Contributor

Re: Interesting preapproval - no HP to accept?

No worries. This is far from rare. There are several instutions, espeically CUs that provide products that are pre-approved with no HP.

769 INQs: 6774 INQs: 5764 INQs: 8UTIL: 2%AAoA: 5yr 8mosTotal Credit Line: $873,950
Message 2 of 22
Anonymous
Not applicable

Nice job! My NASA card opened with just an SP @ $25k. First credit product with that CU?

Message 3 of 22
heyryan
Frequent Contributor

It will be! I actually only have a savings account with them - opened it so that I'd have a local account in case I needed to do something physically in the branch. I'll probably accept it in a few weeks when things settle from my other recent new accounts Smiley Happy

Personal:

Business:

(TU Split File - FIXED!)
Message 4 of 22
Anonymous
Not applicable

@heyryan wrote:

It will be! I actually only have a savings account with them - opened it so that I'd have a local account in case I needed to do something physically in the branch. I'll probably accept it in a few weeks when things settle from my other recent new accounts Smiley Happy

Sounds like a good plan!

Message 5 of 22
Anonymous
Not applicable

Awesome! That works for me 😊

Message 6 of 22
ddemari
Super Contributor

awesmome! credit unions do rock and they apprecaite their customers. nice offer! 

Message 7 of 22
pizza1
Community Leader
Super Contributor

Nice pre approval, and Id take the offer! Congrats to you on getting that offer!
Message 8 of 22
Guyatthebeach
Valued Contributor

That offer is legitimate. When I banked there years ago, I got the same offer. I chose the cash rewards card option and used the heck out of it. The day after the promo APR ended, I called to see about lowering the rate, and it was lowered to 7.99%, their lowest rate at the time.

If I were in your shoes, I'd take it in a heart beat.

Guyatthebeach

Message 9 of 22
Anonymous
Not applicable

Congrats on the preapproval! It looks like a sweet deal to me. I would take it OP. Enjoy!

Message 10 of 22
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.