Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Is AMEX SP'ing Me After Denials?

tag
Credit-hoarder
Valued Contributor

Is AMEX SP'ing Me After Denials?

I got an email today from AMEX recommending me apply for their Serve pre-paid card. The last time I got emails from them was after I applied for their PRG and their Green charge cards in early Sept. and early Oct. and haven't app-ed for anything from them since. Does this possibly mean they've SP-ed one or more of my reports and are offering me the Serve b/c I still wouldn't qualify for a regular card? I don't feel like paying for an Exp. CR to find out until I'm sure all of my recent CLI's have reported-hopefully in another 2 weeks.

BUSINESS
Rewards Pts.-Miles: UR-MR-TYP-Venture
Message 1 of 7
6 REPLIES 6
djc1puno
Valued Contributor

Re: Is AMEX SP'ing Me After Denials?

best way is to check your actual CRs if amex is doing SPs...i got SPed a month before i got application invites from them

GARDEN GOAL: MARCH 2014
LAST APP: 08/20/2013
---=[NORTHBOUND]=---
Message 2 of 7
Credit-hoarder
Valued Contributor

@djc: Did you already have an acct. with them or had you applied for a card previously like I had when they SP'd you? I'm waiting a couple more weeks to order a full CR so I can see if my CLI's from last week are reporting on EX-which is who they pulled for me on the first 2 apps.

BUSINESS
Message 3 of 7
longtimelurker
Epic Contributor

But why does it matter?  Amex SPs might matter when you have an account and want to know what they might use for a CLI request, or new app, but if you don't have a card, the fact that an issuer is SPing often means almost nothing, in the same way  a pre-approval letter doesn't always mean very much.

Message 4 of 7
Credit-hoarder
Valued Contributor

@longtimelurker: It matters because if they ARE SP-ing me and offering me a no-qualifying product, it's an indication that I still wouldn't qualify for a card and should not waste a HP on an app-which I was having second thoughts about doing.

BUSINESS
Message 5 of 7
FinStar
Moderator Emeritus

@longtimelurker wrote:

But why does it matter?  Amex SPs might matter when you have an account and want to know what they might use for a CLI request, or new app, but if you don't have a card, the fact that an issuer is SPing often means almost nothing, in the same way  a pre-approval letter doesn't always mean very much.

+1

Message 6 of 7
djc1puno
Valued Contributor

@Credit-hoarder wrote:

@Anonymous: Did you already have an acct. with them or had you applied for a card previously like I had when they SP'd you? I'm waiting a couple more weeks to order a full CR so I can see if my CLI's from last week are reporting on EX-which is who they pulled for me on the first 2 apps.

no i didn't have amex at that time...

GARDEN GOAL: MARCH 2014
LAST APP: 08/20/2013
---=[NORTHBOUND]=---
Message 7 of 7
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.