cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Is AMEX stalking me (or every member out there)?

tag
Aarvard
Established Contributor

Is AMEX stalking me (or every member out there)?

I got approved for Barclay on 12/17, and when Barclay reported my account on 12/18, Amex immediately initiated an Experian soft pull on the same date, which I don't think it is a coincidence. Does Amex have an automatic system monitoring account holders' credit activities that closely?  

03/25/2015 TU 08 765, EX 08 747, EQ 08 757, EQ 04 754.
01/30/2016 TU 08 775, EX 08 752, EQ 08 744
Goal: 780+ across all models.
Message 1 of 17
16 REPLIES 16
09Lexie
Moderator Emerita

Re: Is AMEX stalking me (or every member out there)?

Yep, and they aren't the only ones.  Chase has been known to utilize the same type of alert. 

Message 2 of 17
FinStar
Moderator Emeritus

@09Lexie wrote:

Yep, and they aren't the only ones.  Chase has been known to utilize the same type of alert. 

+1

Barclays is also well known for this SP behavior as well as BofA.

Message 3 of 17
Aarvard
Established Contributor

Scary creditors who are ready to seize your neck anytime you go on a spree lol

03/25/2015 TU 08 765, EX 08 747, EQ 08 757, EQ 04 754.
01/30/2016 TU 08 775, EX 08 752, EQ 08 744
Goal: 780+ across all models.
Message 4 of 17
taxi818
Super Contributor

@Aarvard wrote:

Scary creditors who are ready to seize your neck anytime you go on a spree lol

I would not worry of it. Keep in mind. It's a loan they extend to you. If they are nervous. Then so be it. Just font pay minimums. Or max out anything. 

Message 5 of 17
VirtualCuriosity
Established Contributor

Debt is the most marketed product by far.  So, the CC companies will seek out those that are proven to be willing to play.

TU713, EQ 731 , EX 726 (As of 12/13/14) - Personal Goal = 760

“Beware of little expenses. A small leak will sink a great ship” – Benjamin Franklin

Gardening since 3-26-15

Message 6 of 17
Membersince2013
Valued Contributor

Don't get paranoid. Amex and Chase SP me twice a month. They've been doing it for a little while now. BOA and Citi does at least once a month. They're just checking on things. Making sure you're not going too crazy.

Arrival+ | Barclaycard Rewards Mastercard | Citi Double Cash | CapOne QS (2) | Citi Diamond P | Freedom | Fidelity Amex | Amex Plat | Old Blue Cash | PRG | SPG | BCP | HHonors Surpass | Cap1 Venture | Discover | CSP | Cap1 Venture1 | BOA CR&TR (2) | Ritz Carlton | Southwest Rapid Rewards | Hyatt (2) | US Airways Mastercard (2) | Wells Fargo Rewards Visa | Marriott Premier (2) |

Fico Scores as of 2/21/15 - EX: total crap, TU: total crap, EQ: total crap
Message 7 of 17
Lyythine
Established Contributor

Ive always wanted to charge up a couple cards and let them report just to see what Amex would do, however, Ive never built up the courage to try it out... I never carry a balance, so I am sure I would get some pretty swift AA from Amex.

Message 8 of 17
taxi818
Super Contributor

@Lyythine wrote:

Ive always wanted to charge up a couple cards and let them report just to see what Amex would do, however, Ive never built up the courage to try it out... I never carry a balance, so I am sure I would get some pretty swift AA from Amex.

When you say charge up. You mean max out? If so yes. Swift action. Shut down. Smiley Happy 

Message 9 of 17
baller4life
Super Contributor

Amex are straight stalkers LOL!
Message 10 of 17
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.