Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Is Amex not giving Fico scores anymore?

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Is Amex not giving Fico scores anymore?

Over the last few days I have noticed something weird on my account. There was a link called "free credit score and report" where the view Fico score link used to be. Clicking on it sends me to a signup for a TU Vantage report through the Amex site.

The first time this happened, I thought maybe I just clicked the wrong thing as when I went back to the main portal page, the fico link was there. Now all I get is the TU signup page.

Anyone have any insight into this? Are they doing away with showing Fico scores?

EDIT: I was able to find the link still exists under account services, but why would it be gone from the main account info screen?

44 REPLIES 44
thornback
Senior Contributor

Re: Is Amex not giving Fico scores anymore?

There was a thread started on this very issue yesterday. Unsure if they are trying to roll out Vantage scores to replace FICO, or simply giving consumers the option of both which is leading to tech glitches on some accounts.

https://ficoforums.myfico.com/t5/Understanding-FICO-Scoring/AmX-No-Longer-Providing-Free-Monthly-FIC...
Personal Aphorism:"Forget What You Feel, Remember What You Deserve"
Starting FICO 8s | 09/2017: EX 641 ✦ EQ 634 ✦ TU 647
Current FICO 8s | 04/2022: EX 796 ✦ EQ 793 ✦ TU 790
Current FICO 9s | 04/2022: EX 790 ✦ EQ 788 ✦ TU 782
2022 Goal Score | 800s

My AAoA:
4.6 years not incl. AU / 4.9 years incl. AU
My AoOA: 9.2 years not incl. AU / 11.2 years incl. AU
Inquiries: EX 0/12 ✦ EQ 0/12 ✦ TU 0/12
Report Status: Clean
Garden Status:  

Without patience, we will learn less in life. We will see less. We will feel less. We will hear less. Ironically, rush and more usually mean less.
Message 2 of 45
Pikaboo-icu
Valued Contributor

There's an ongoing discussion on this.. Here's the link..  https://ficoforums.myfico.com/t5/Understanding-FICO-Scoring/AmX-No-Longer-Providing-Free-Monthly-FIC...

I'm pretty sure it's a glitch as it's only affecting some customers..

Perhaps, for those affected, you should report it to AMEX so they can try to fix the issue.

CHEERS

ETA:  tmr you are the fastest fingers in the land. lol

Message 3 of 45
thornback
Senior Contributor

@Pikaboo-icu wrote:

There's an ongoing discussion on this.. Here's the link..  https://ficoforums.myfico.com/t5/Understanding-FICO-Scoring/AmX-No-Longer-Providing-Free-Monthly-FIC...

I'm pretty sure it's a glitch as it's only affecting some customers..

Perhaps, for those affected, you should report it to AMEX so they can try to fix the issue.

CHEERS

ETA:  tmr you are the fastest fingers in the land. lol

Hahaha... you've beat me to the punch quite a few times.Smiley Tongue

2022 Goal Score | 800s

My AAoA:
Garden Status:  

Without patience, we will learn less in life. We will see less. We will feel less. We will hear less. Ironically, rush and more usually mean less.
Message 4 of 45
Anonymous
Not applicable

Yeah it's not there any more... never noticed it disappeared. I don't think I even received anything about it changing... but then again, I could have missed it!

Message 5 of 45
thornback
Senior Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

Yeah it's not there any more... never noticed it disappeared. I don't think I even received anything about it changing... but then again, I could have missed it!

It's not that way for everyone.  My FICO link is still there - which is why we were thinking it may be a technical issue as opposed to a complete changeover. Plus, no notifications were sent out - seems this is the sort of thing amex would tell members about if they were going to stop providing FICOs altogether.  I don't know- guess we'll find out eventually. 

2022 Goal Score | 800s

My AAoA:
Garden Status:  

Message 6 of 45
Anonymous
Not applicable

I think it's a technical issue. For some reason the "View my FICO score" link does not show up for my Platinum, however if I click any of my other cards it magically shows up. For clarity, I am still receiving my FICO score.

@Anonymous wrote:

Over the last few days I have noticed something weird on my account. There was a link called "free credit score and report" where the view Fico score link used to be. Clicking on it sends me to a signup for a TU Vantage report through the Amex site.

The first time this happened, I thought maybe I just clicked the wrong thing as when I went back to the main portal page, the fico link was there. Now all I get is the TU signup page.

Anyone have any insight into this? Are they doing away with showing Fico scores?

EDIT: I was able to find the link still exists under account services, but why would it be gone from the main account info screen?

Message 7 of 45
staticvoidmain
Established Contributor

It's still there, buried under the menus. Here's a quick link.

Message 8 of 45
CreditInspired
Community Leader
Super Contributor

Hi OP

I just checked and it pulled up my FICO score.

|| AmX Cash Magnet $40.5K || NFCU CashRewards $30K || Discover IT $24.7K || Macys $24.2K || NFCU CLOC $15K || NFCU Platinum $15K || CitiCostco $12.7K || Chase FU $12.7K || Apple Card $7K || BOA CashRewards $6K
Message 9 of 45
UncleB
Credit Mentor

Just FYI that in the Amex Android app the FICO score is in the same place as it usually is (at least for me).

Message 10 of 45
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.