Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Is Bank of America BK friendly

tag
sandman2435
Established Contributor

Is Bank of America BK friendly

Would like to know,If Bank of America is BK friendly...I have a BK 7 thats 8 years old and I have no baddies or late's ,I want to get one of their better credit cards..Thanks

Message 1 of 5
4 REPLIES 4
Datx
Valued Contributor

Re: Is Bank of America BK friendly

I don't believe they are. I was researching their secured card on the forum and it looks like they do not like BKs. Read the last post on this thread.

Message 2 of 5
visorboy1974
Valued Contributor

@sandman2435 wrote:

Would like to know,If Bank of America is BK friendly...I have a BK 7 thats 8 years old and I have no baddies or late's ,I want to get one of their better credit cards..Thanks

They are not. 

FICO Scores Updated 07/15 EQ08 748 EX08 748 TU08 818
Message 3 of 5
Anonymous
Not applicable

They are not BK friendly.  If you want one of BofA's better cards, wait til that BK 7 falls off in 2 years.

DH does have a BofA with a BK reporting, but they CLD him from $4K to $500 when they noticed the BK.  And it won't budge.  (I'm actually surprised they kept it open at all).  We keep it open, but I doubt it will do anything worthwhile until that BK ages off.

In the meantime, there's other cards that will definitely work with BK's.  Some even claim AmEx takes 8 year old BK's (at least for a few folks) - that one's iffy, IMO; but there are several who will work with BK.  What do you currently have open?

Message 4 of 5
sandman2435
Established Contributor

I have done very well..getting some prime cards..I started out with the not so prime ones first..and than with the help of these forums..was able to get NFCU Visa and Mastercard 10K limit each..And USAA 3 cards 6K each..Ive been an Amex Platinum card member for 20 years and they were not included in my BK..and they stuck with me.(they for awhile had me at a pre-set limit but as my BK aged Amex lifted it).In the past year i was able to open 5 more Amex accounts...both charge and credit cards...and also got a escape from discover last year with a 5K limit...Im able to verify my income as Im self-employed..and have no problem sending in tax returns...I always PIF and now Im done applying for new credit...my scores are close to 700..would be higher.but went on an app spree

Message 5 of 5
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.