cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Is Bill Me Later safe to use during home loan process?

tag
LuckyDay

Is Bill Me Later safe to use during home loan process?

We are waiting to close on our first home right now, appraisal done and just waiting on the final loan approval.

We have been very careful not to charge anything to our credit card during this time, haven't opened accounts or changed anything just like they've told us.

I do have a BML account that was approved and set up about 2 months, and everything I've read is that this won't report or change anything when making a purchase.  This isn't a super important purchase (only about $150), but I want to be absolutely sure that it won't affect things and show on a report if the bank pulls another one right when we close.

Thanks.

Message 1 of 8
7 REPLIES 7
asphaltcowboy
Valued Contributor

Re: Is Bill Me Later safe to use during home loan process?

It should be, they don't report to CRA's, hope this helps

Starting Score TU 667 EQ 663 EX 655
Current Score TU 778 EQ 776 EX 781 Last Update 4/2016
Garden Club 04/10/2013
Message 2 of 8
john398
Senior Contributor

Should be however they once did a hp for me when they should not have and took about 45 days to remove

Message 3 of 8
LuckyDay

I already have the HP on my report from opening the account, the lenders have seen this and it shouldn't be an issue.

My main concern is that the balance will not be reported when it raises.

I have seen posts as recent as a few months ago that they don't report balances, but just wants to confirm this was still the case.
Message 4 of 8
09Lexie
Moderator Emerita

They are a hidden TL. I always take caution when doing anything cr wise until the mtg is closed. Just probably my irrational behavior.
Message 5 of 8
LuckyDay

Yeah, and I'm trying to be extra cautious just in case. I may just hold off and not bother with it.

Message 6 of 8
austinguy907
Valued Contributor

When in the home loan process if you have to ask then you probably shouldn't do it.  Even if you did it wouldn't materially effect your closing for that amount.  Can always call your LO and ask them as well.

Message 7 of 8
Dustink
Valued Contributor

BML does on occasion do a random HP.

Too many INQs & low AAoA so I'm off to tend the Garden.     Age:23    

$17k       $8.5K          Closed          $19k      $6.5k        $24.2k        Closed         $5k       Closed     $8.5k        Closed      @2.49%
Message 8 of 8
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.