Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Is Blispay too good to be true????

tag
irunfromcredit
Frequent Contributor

Is Blispay too good to be true????

So I used the card for the first time and made a larger purchase so I can take advantage of the special financing.  My first statement cut and I saw that I got the 2% back AND special financing.  I thought it was 2% OR special financing for purchases over $199?

And as a side note, I made a payment "pulling" the payment from my bank and the money was out of my account and the payment credited within 24 hours. In my experiencing "pulling" payments, that was a quick turnaround!!

so far, thumbs up Bllispay!!!!👍👍👍👍👍

Scores 8/25/2017~ TU: 753 / EXP: 742 / EQ: 726
Goal: 770's or higher by end of 2017
Message 1 of 166
165 REPLIES 165
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Is Blispay too good to be true????

@irunfromcredit wrote:

So I used the card for the first time and made a larger purchase so I can take advantage of the special financing.  My first statement cut and I saw that I got the 2% back AND special financing.  I thought it was 2% OR special financing for purchases over $199?

And as a side note, I made a payment "pulling" the payment from my bank and the money was out of my account and the payment credited within 24 hours. In my experiencing "pulling" payments, that was a quick turnaround!!

so far, thumbs up Bllispay!!!!👍👍👍👍👍

Same here. I could not be happier with this card!

Message 2 of 166
Anonymous
Not applicable

Same here!!!😀

Message 3 of 166
Anonymous
Not applicable

Glad to hear all of this positive feedback on Blispay as I'm strongly considering apping for it based on everything I've read on this site. 

The only thing holding me back is me worrying about the credit limit I'm given.  As I understand it, your SL is what it is as there is no opportunity for a recon and/or CLI that anyone knows of at this point.  If I apply and end up with a $3k-$4k limit it would be quite a letdown. 

Message 4 of 166
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:

Glad to hear all of this positive feedback on Blispay as I'm strongly considering apping for it based on everything I've read on this site. 

The only thing holding me back is me worrying about the credit limit I'm given.  As I understand it, your SL is what it is as there is no opportunity for a recon and/or CLI that anyone knows of at this point.  If I apply and end up with a $3k-$4k limit it would be quite a letdown. 

That is my understanding as well. I was approved for 7.5k with a 748 EX score. (My score is still recovering from my last apps.No longer that high.)

Message 5 of 166
irunfromcredit
Frequent Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

Yeah, totally understandable. Probably best to wait and see how this card plays out over the next 6 months to a year?  Got the card specifically for the special financing feature, as I have enough rewards cards to cover the cash back.  The 2% and special financing was just an added bonus!  

And are you sure you would be approved with a low limit?  I though I would be approved for $2000 or something.  Was approved for $6200, was kind of surprised. Smiley Happy

Message 6 of 166
lokobo
Regular Contributor

That's what everybody's fear is! That it's too good to last Smiley Sad

Message 7 of 166
irunfromcredit
Frequent Contributor

@lokobo wrote:
That's what everybody's fear is! That it's too good to last Smiley Sad

I sure hope not!  

Message 8 of 166
longtimelurker
Epic Contributor

They have to make money somewhere, and they seem to have done a good job preventing that for now!   Perhaps the expectation is that people won't pay off the 0% promos in time, and maybe that's the reason it is so easy to set them up, people might overspend and have to pay interest.    Or there will be a nerf at some point, reducing the availability of the 0% promos.

Or perhaps they have found the secret!

Message 9 of 166
kdm31091
Super Contributor

Historically, most 2% cards have not lasted that long, with the exception of Fidelity (who readily admits the card is a loss but they keep it to draw people in to invest).

That plus the financing deal means that it will likely not last very long, but how long "very long" is remains to be seen. Could last years. Could last a month. I just don't see how they will be able to reap substantial enough profit to keep it going, especially with no other products in the portfolio. Citi can possibly tolerate losses on Double Cash because they have many other cards in the lineup, etc.

Message 10 of 166
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.