Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Is Blispay too good to be true????

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Is Blispay too good to be true????

Sounds great guys!  I haven't used mine yet.

Message 51 of 166
Creditplz
Valued Contributor

I bought a new soundbar for $1400 on 6/17 and paid it off on 6/20 when it posted 😂😂 I know I should take advantage of 0% but I hate balances!
Message 52 of 166
Blackbeauty212
Frequent Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

$1400 and $12000 would both seem to be outliers.

12K is the highest, Blispay confirmed to CCF. 

Also you need to have caution if you plan on using Blispay as your Everyday Card and use it for Financing large purchases. Blispay holds all payments for 10 days before increasing the available credit. If you're given a SL <3K this will make it hard to be both an Everyday Card and use the Financing option as well. IMO    

Message 53 of 166
Anonymous
Not applicable

Hey all, I applied for the Blispay card late this afternoon and got a "please call within 5 days" message on my screen.  When I called I was 20 minutes past their cutoff window so I wasn't able to speak with anyone.  I'll call back in the morning.

Anyway, for those that have received this same "5 day" message, what was the nature of the call when you called back?  What questions are asked etc?

I applied for Blispay today at the same exact time that I applied for 3 other cards, all 3 of which were approved so I'm pretty confident in Blispay approval as well... just wondering if this 5 day message is sort of standard protocol or if there's any reason to worry here?

Message 54 of 166
Anonymous
Not applicable

When I applied I got the "5 day" message as well. When I called they asked some basic identity verification questions(DOB SSN) and asked me to list two items that appear on my credit report. I am pretty sure it was just identity verification.
Message 55 of 166
core
Valued Contributor

Yeah, likely all they're going to ask you is to name 2 lenders on your credit reports.  When they asked me, I told her "you name it, I've got it".  I don't think she was amused... got approved anyway.  They didn't ask me anything else at all.

Message 56 of 166
Anonymous
Not applicable

Nice, so the two people that posted above were approved after some verification questions.  Is calling them SOP?  Does everyone have to call prior to approval?

What were both of your SLs if you don't mind me asking?  Thanks.

Message 57 of 166
core
Valued Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

Nice, so the two people that posted above were approved after some verification questions.  Is calling them SOP?  Does everyone have to call prior to approval?

Mine was $7500.  I don't know if this calling business is "SOP", but I had read lots and lots of posts here mentioning having to call in and supply the 2 creditors' names, which is why I was prepared for it.  There was nothing iffy going on with my mailing address or anything like that which would have triggered an ID verification.  Just a fair number of INQs and accounts.  I was placed on hold for an agonizing 5+ minutes while she poured over my reports to decide if I was moral enough to have their silly card.  Came back with an approval without any further questions.

Message 58 of 166
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:

I also cannot vouch as to whether this is SOP or not, however, I'll give my datapoints as well as some hearsay... My SL was the same as the amount in my signature($2400), and I've seen in other threads on this forum that CLIs are not currently possible for this card.  Having said that, I doubt you have anything to worry about having gotten the "please call" message.  All mentions of it that I have seen on this forum have been the similar verification questions, and all have been approvals afterwards.  For me it was about a 2-3 minute wait after answering the questions and the polite young woman cheerily let me know that I had been approved for $2400.  I should note that my credit profile has one major flaw(nothing negative at all, my payment history is perfect) in that it has a short history.  I only recently(I believe it was April 2015) began utilizing credit after a more than 10 year hiatus with no active accounts(a brand new profile essentially...some old addresses appear on all reports and an old employer on Experian, but no accounts older than a shade over a year).  As such my AAoA is currently about 5 months, which is/was probably a major deciding factor in the small size of my approval.

Message 59 of 166
Anonymous
Not applicable

Thanks for the insight on this everyone.

I'll be calling Blispay this morning and hopefully reporting back an approval a little later today.

Message 60 of 166
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.