Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Is Blispay too good to be true????

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Is Blispay too good to be true????

Ugh, so just got off the phone with Blispay and as of now I don't have an answer. 

As expected, they verified my social, address and then asked for two creditors found on my credit reports.  After I provided the information I was put on a brief hold, maybe 2 minutes and when she came back she said "thanks that should be all we need... we should have an update for you in 2-3 days."

So right now I'm in purgatory awaiting an approval or denial.

Has anyone else heard of this wait after calling or is this something new?  From what I've read above and in other threads I've always assumed the approval or denial came with the verification of info call that I just placed...

Message 61 of 166
CreditCuriosity
Moderator Emeritus

@Anonymous wrote:

Ugh, so just got off the phone with Blispay and as of now I don't have an answer. 

As expected, they verified my social, address and then asked for two creditors found on my credit reports.  After I provided the information I was put on a brief hold, maybe 2 minutes and when she came back she said "thanks that should be all we need... we should have an update for you in 2-3 days."

So right now I'm in purgatory awaiting an approval or denial.

Has anyone else heard of this wait after calling or is this something new?  From what I've read above and in other threads I've always assumed the approval or denial came with the verification of info call that I just placed...

Could go either way.. Will get an email if approved in two or three hours... Verification can yield denial of unable to verify identitywhich they are known for or of course an approval.. I got the denial of identity and had to fight it and ended up getting it over turned by TD Bank by faxing them alot of information..  Pain in the butt, but got the approval

Message 62 of 166
Benzman
Frequent Contributor

@CreditCuriousity wrote:
I got the denial of identity and had to fight it and ended up getting it over turned by TD Bank by faxing them alot of information..  Pain in the butt, but got the approval

^ THIS

I'm going thru the same situation right now. Why is it that TD Bank is the only one who seems to have this problem of identifying an applicant? They say they cant verify me, yet every other bank has never had a problem, and still don't when I apply for new cards.

I faxed drivers license and bank statement already and still nothing. Did you talk to a supervisor?

Amex CM 10K | Amex ED 10K | Amex BCE 7.5K | 5/3RD SU2C 10K | 5/3RD SU2C 6.5K | Barclays Cash 6K | Barclay AARP 3.5K | Bread AMEX 9K | Citizens Cash 8K | Citizens Clear 2K | Citi® DP 11.3K | Citi® Simplicity 9.4K | Citi® TY 6.5K | Citi® DC 4K | Citi CuC 3.4K | Cap One QS 14.6K | Cap One WM MC 11K | Discover It 19.5K | Discover Miles 13.5K | BOA Cash 13.2K | BOA 7K | US Bank State Farm Visa 4K | US Bank AMEX 22.5K | US Bank Plat 16.5K | US Bank Cash 11.2K | FNBO Rewards 20K | FNBO Evergreen 11.3K | Huntington Voice 7,750K | Huntington Voice Rewards 8.7K | PF|CP Rewards 8.2K | PF|CP Gold 3.2K | PNC Cash 15K | PNC Core 15K | PNC Points 8K | Fidelity 15K | Wells Active 12K | Wells Reflect 10K | Target MC 12.5K | TD Cash 4.5K | Truist 6.5K | Truist 6.5K | Truist 6.5K | Truist 6.5K | Synch Premier MC 11.6K | Ebay MC 10K | Apple Card 5.5K | Deserve Digital 6K | Simon AMEX 6K | Chase Amazon 1.5K | F8 Scores 4/23 EX789; TU781; EQ792.
Message 63 of 166
CreditCuriosity
Moderator Emeritus

@Benzman wrote:

@CreditCuriousity wrote:
I got the denial of identity and had to fight it and ended up getting it over turned by TD Bank by faxing them alot of information..  Pain in the butt, but got the approval

^ THIS

I'm going thru the same situation right now. Why is it that TD Bank is the only one who seems to have this problem of identifying an applicant? They say they cant verify me, yet every other bank has never had a problem, and still don't when I apply for new cards.

I faxed drivers license and bank statement already and still nothing. Did you talk to a supervisor?

Asked to speak to one and they said one wasnt available etc..  Then eventually I got them to agree to forward my complaint to another dept. before stating I would file a BBB complaint along with a CFPB complaint to give them a chance to forward it on to a diff dept before filing the complains... They agreed to push it along then they came back a few days later asking me to fax them some stuff then a few days after fax it yielded an approval as I was who I said I was..  Was a PITA, but ended up working out

Message 64 of 166
Anonymous
Not applicable

Well it's been more than 2-3 hours and I've received no email.  I really hope this isn't a denial.

How is TD Bank associated with Blispay?

Those that had identity verification issues, what exactly were they and why wasn't Blispay able to verify your identity?  Hopefully I don't have to jump through a million hoops here... but if it means an approval I'm sure it would be worth it.

Message 65 of 166
Anonymous
Not applicable

So how is it that I get denied with an 821 Experian, 1% utilization on over $80K in available credit, and six-figure income? Annoyed that I wasted a hard pull, that was totally unexpected, I haven't been declined in quite some time.

Message 66 of 166
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:

So how is it that I get denied with an 821 Experian, 1% utilization on over $80K in available credit, and six-figure income? Annoyed that I wasted a hard pull, that was totally unexpected, I haven't been declined in quite some time.

I don't know, that's kinda crazy. I'm going to assume with an 821 EX score you don't have any baddies, so.... maybe they're out of money? Are you sure it was a denial and not verification?

Message 67 of 166
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:

I don't know, that's kinda crazy. I'm going to assume with an 821 EX score you don't have any baddies, so.... maybe they're out of money? Are you sure it was a denial and not verification?

...we are unable to approve your application at this time...more information about our decision will be sent by mail...etc...

Sure sounds like a decline to me...even the web page was named "/declined" lol. Yea it's a mystery to me, my credit report is pristine...owned my home for 13 years, same employer for 16 years...will be interested to see their reasoning when I get "the letter".

Message 68 of 166
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:

...we are unable to approve your application at this time...more information about our decision will be sent by mail...etc...

Sure sounds like a decline to me...even the web page was named "/declined" lol. Yea it's a mystery to me, my credit report is pristine...owned my home for 13 years, same employer for 16 years...will be interested to see their reasoning when I get "the letter".

Wow that's crazy - I'm sorry about the denial. You'll have to let us know what the letter says when you get it.

Message 69 of 166
score_building
Senior Contributor

Do you have a HP for the app? Possibly an unavailable report denial?
DCU EQ 5.0, Citi EQ 08 Bankcard, PenFed EX NG2
EX 08: AFCU, Amex, Chase, PSECU EX 98(?)
TU 08: Barclays, Discover
Message 70 of 166
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.