Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Is Blispay too good to be true????

tag
integlspwr
Established Member

Re: Is Blispay too good to be true????

Anyone know if I will get approved with the following credit scores.

Your Equifax Credit Score? 702
Your Experian Credit Score? 703
Your TransUnion Credit Score? 693

It it might be a little lower now since I applied and got a car loan on nov 30. These scores above are before the car loan.

Message 151 of 166
Anonymous
Not applicable

No one is going to be able to tell you for sure if you will or will not be approved for a Blispay Visa.

Blispay is a weird bird. Blispay only pulls Experian so that's the only CB you need to focus on with them.

If the Experian score you listed is a true FICO 08 score you'll either get denied (not likely) or get a $3K-$5K starting limit.

No risk, no reward! 

Message 152 of 166
coldnmn
Mega Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

No one is going to be able to tell you for sure if you will or will not be approved for a Blispay Visa.

Blispay is a weird bird. Blispay only pulls Experian so that's the only CB you need to focus on with them.

If the Experian score you listed is a true FICO 08 score you'll either get denied (not likely) or get a $3K-$5K starting limit.

No risk, no reward! 

+1 Plenty have been approved with your score. But score isn't everything.

Discover IT $17k / US Bank Ace (VSig) $13.5K / US Bank Cash+ (VSig) $13.5k
Sam's Mastercard $15k / Walmart Mastercard $10k / Blispay $7.5k PayPal Ex MC $10.8k
CareCredit 5k / Husq $5k / Cap1 QS $4.5k / Barclay Ring $5.35k / Citi DC (WMC) $12k
Gardening Date 7/01/16 / MyFico 08: EQ 801 / TU 777 / EX 771 / 06/08/17
Message 153 of 166
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Blackbeauty212 wrote:

@juniornj23 wrote:
How they do the distribution of payment
Let see i have 2 promo 6moths no interest
2 charge of 500

That 900 if i pay them 50 is that goes to the 2 promo or to the 500 charge

If your Promos ARE NOT within 2 Months of expiring, all payments will go towards NON-PROMO purchases FIRST! Then towards the Promo. If YOU ARE within the 2 months then the role reverses and all Payments will apply towards the expiring Promo first. 

i'm still confused on how to pay blispay with expiring promos.

my last statement had a total expense of around $600 non-promo. due date is on 1/1/17.
i have 2 expiring promos on 1/11/17: $365 & $575 ($940 total).
my question is.... how and how much should i pay in order to NOT incur any interests?

i had mine set to pay $600 on 12/30 and then another $940 on 1/9/17 for the expiring promos. reading back,,, i think i got it wrong?!? :/ 

Message 154 of 166
Anonymous
Not applicable

I was a bit disappointed when I got my first statement a few days ago. I thought they would separate the promos from the statement balance but it is all together. So in order to figure out how much to pay, I had to subtract the promos from the statement balance to get my regular "monthly balance'' first. Then add in my promo divided by 5 (in order to pay them off in 5 months).

Basically, if youre using the card for monthly spend in addition to the promos, you have to pay the promos off in 5 months to not incrue any interest. If you only use the card for promo spend, you have the full 6 months.

For some reason, I just thought they would separate the promo balance out of the statement balance for us but they don't. No big deal, but it is an extra step when you go to figure out a payment to make monthly.

Message 155 of 166
Anonymous
Not applicable

Just use the card for promo purchases only, no less than $199 purchases.  That's what I been doing with my card and it cut off a lot of headaces. 

Message 156 of 166
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:

@Blackbeauty212 wrote:

@juniornj23 wrote:
How they do the distribution of payment
Let see i have 2 promo 6moths no interest
2 charge of 500

That 900 if i pay them 50 is that goes to the 2 promo or to the 500 charge

If your Promos ARE NOT within 2 Months of expiring, all payments will go towards NON-PROMO purchases FIRST! Then towards the Promo. If YOU ARE within the 2 months then the role reverses and all Payments will apply towards the expiring Promo first. 

i'm still confused on how to pay blispay with expiring promos.

my last statement had a total expense of around $600 non-promo. due date is on 1/1/17.
i have 2 expiring promos on 1/11/17: $365 & $575 ($940 total).
my question is.... how and how much should i pay in order to NOT incur any interests?

i had mine set to pay $600 on 12/30 and then another $940 on 1/9/17 for the expiring promos. reading back,,, i think i got it wrong?!? :/ 

Yes, tthe $600 that you have set up to pay on 12/30 will go toward the expiring promos. So your regular spend of ~$600 that is due on 1/1/17 will go unpaid an you will have interest. Literally, the only way to not pay any interest is to pay the full balance of your January (& Feb, i believe) expiring promos as well as your other monthly spend balance by your due date on 1/1/17

Message 157 of 166
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:

Just use the card for promo purchases only, no less than $199 purchases.  That's what I been doing with my card and it cut off a lot of headaces. 

But I like the 2% cash back too 😆

Message 158 of 166
integlspwr
Established Member

Was thinking of applying but I'll be doing a refi on my car this week for a lower rate. I just bought the car on dec 1. Anyone know if applying today would affect my refi or vice versa ?

Message 159 of 166
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:

Same here. I have only used the card for promo purchases. I put the other stuff on my citi DC. Still get 2% and less problems trying to figure out the statement.

Message 160 of 166
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.