cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Is Capital One Cash Rewards good for CLI or CS?

tag
chan85
Established Contributor

I Re: Is Capital One Cash Rewards good for CLI or CS?

If they haven't sent you anything in the mail saying you are in the credit steps program, then you aren't in. There isn't a way to ask to get in, it's something they offer. You can call them and ask are you enrolled in the program, perhaps you missed the notice? I say that because it's unlike them to just randomly give you the bump from $300 to $500. You may have another credit step coming.

Current Debt Management:
$15k Trinity Financial Management (scheduled pay off late 2021)
$10k NFCU
$350/mth Bridgecrest Auto Loan
Goals: Pay off credit card debt & buy a new home before end of 2020

Long Term Debt:
Fed Loans - $150k
Navient - $100k

Taking a "if God don't do it, it won't get done..." approach to paying these off.
Message 11 of 13
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: I Re: Is Capital One Cash Rewards good for CLI or CS?

Just got approved. $500 is my initial CL. I have not received the card yet. I did get the rate info yesterday. No mention of credit steps with that, so I'm guessing I was not enrolled in that. Oh well. I'll just stick a bill or two on autopay on it and leave it at home. If they auto CLI me, cool. If not, no matter bc my util will report 0%.
Message 12 of 13
JonStur
Established Contributor

Re: I Re: Is Capital One Cash Rewards good for CLI or CS?

I got my card in Jan. initial limit $1,000. I didn't know I was in the Steps until they sent me a letter and email about a week later. They indicated I would receive a $500 increase between 5th to 7th statement which should be shortly. I had to use it at least once a month and obviously stay within my limit and pay on time, so I'll see if my increase comes soon, even though since my scores are now much higher I'll probably apply for one of the prime cards anyway.

Starting Score: TU 595 EX 600 EQ 585
Current Score: TU 820 EX 825 EQ 812
Goal Score: 800 Club (Mission Accomplished)

Amex Platinum, Amex BCP $17.5K, 5/3 Sig $10K, Capital One Quicksilver 15K, Walmart 10K, US Bank Cash+ 15K, Sam's Club 10K, Chase Freedom $6K, Discover More $15K, Chase United Club MileagePlus $33K, Costco $6K, CapOne Quicksilver One $7K, Cap One Quicksilver $5K, Amazon $3K, Barclays $12.5K, Home Depot $7.5K, AppleCard $6K
Message 13 of 13
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.