cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Is Capital One Quicksilver approved for $5000 a signature card?

tag
fritscher
Regular Contributor

Is Capital One Quicksilver approved for $5000 a signature card?

i just applied for the quicksilver and was approved fro cl of 5000..my goal is to cancel the quicksilver one i have with 59 dollar annual fee..is the new one a signature card?..it sid not say..also can this card be both mc or visa?

Message 1 of 18
17 REPLIES 17
EAJuggalo
Established Contributor

Re: Is Capital One Quicksilver approved for $5000 a signature card?

Last I heard all QSs were MCs.  But that may change at any moment, a year ago they were all Visas.  It could very well be a World MC, but only CapOne knows what they will be handing out at any given time.

EX700 TU 704 EQ 694 4/03/22
Cap1 QS-$4,500 Chase Freedom Flex- $800 Chase Freedom Unlimited- $1,000 Victoria's Secret- $1,200 Citi DC- $800 Amazon Store Card- $3,500 AMEX Hilton Honors-$1,000 Discover It-$1,000 Wal-Mart MC $290 Chase Sapphire Preferred-$5,000 NFCU Flagship $13,800 AMEX BCE-$1,000 AMEX Gold-$5,000 AMEX Delta Blue $1,000 Lowe's $5,000 Navy Platinum $17,000 AMEX BBP $2,000
Message 2 of 18
Anonymous
Not applicable

It should be a Visa Signature but you won't know until you get the card. For these rewards cards, most issuers try to get Visa Signature (Visa Infinite for some Chase and City National Bank accounts) and World MasterCard (and World Elite MasterCard) to customers as these higher level cards earn higher swipe fees. It helps offset the rewards that they pay to us.

Recently, Capital One switched the Venture and Venture One cards back to the Visa network after a short stint as World Elite MasterCards. So yours should definitely be a Visa and more than likely the Visa Signature. 

ETA: duh on me, you got QS. For some reason I thought you got Venture. As others have said, it will be MasterCard. 

Message 3 of 18
Anonymous
Not applicable

QS and Venture used to be a Visa Signature when apping through Cap1 site, but WEMC when apping through Credit Karma. Now, last I checked, all QS are WEMC. All Venture are now Visa Signature.

Message 4 of 18
Gidgetmom
Frequent Contributor

DH just got his QS this week with a $10,000 limit as a WEMC.  My Quicksilver from Feb 16 with $5,000 was Visa Sig.

Ive heard Cap One is exclusively MasterCard now, but still services the existing Visa cards.

Message 5 of 18
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:

QS and Venture used to be a Visa Signature when apping through Cap1 site, but WEMC when apping through Credit Karma. Now, last I checked, all QS are WEMC. All Venture are now Visa Signature.

According to Capital One's Web site. Quicksilver is a WEMC. The minimum starting line is 1k.

Message 6 of 18
FireMedic1
Community Leader
Mega Contributor

Bella is right. If you were were approved today its a WEMC. QS Details Page current. Scoll down.

Message 7 of 18
fritscher
Regular Contributor

thank you all for your help..so is WEMC comparable to the visa signature..? guess same type of benefits?

Message 8 of 18
Anonymous
Not applicable

Ooops, sorry I thought you got the Venture for some reason. Quicksilver..deffo a MasterCard. WEMC benefits are similar to Visa Signature. 

Visa Signature Benefits:

https://usa.visa.com/pay-with-visa/cards/signature.html?ep=v_sym_signature

World Elite MasterCard Benefits:

https://www.mastercard.us/en-us/consumers/find-card-products/credit-cards/world-elite.html

Message 9 of 18
AverageJoesCredit
Legendary Contributor

Cant Op just combine the two quicksilvers instead of closing the one with AF?
Message 10 of 18
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.