cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Is Capital One Quicksilver approved for $5000 a signature card?

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Is Capital One Quicksilver approved for $5000 a signature card?

@AverageJoesCredit wrote:
Cant Op just combine the two quicksilvers instead of closing the one with AF?

I wonder if the QS1 OP has is a Visa . Not sure if you can combine the two. I hope so. Smiley Happy

Message 11 of 18
K-in-Boston
Credit Mentor

@Anonymous wrote:

I wonder if the QS1 OP has is a Visa . Not sure if you can combine the two. I hope so. Smiley Happy

I was unable to combine a Visa with other MasterCard products in the mid-2000s, but when I combined 2 MCs and a Visa into a 3rd MC last March, it was not a problem.  CapOne's policy seems to have changed on this for the better.

Message 12 of 18
Anonymous
Not applicable

@K-in-Boston wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

I was unable to combine a Visa with other MasterCard products in the mid-2000s, but when I combined 2 MCs and a Visa into a 3rd MC last March, it was not a problem.  CapOne's policy seems to have changed on this for the better.

That's cool. I wonder if you get a new Venture VS, if they will let you PC it to a QS VS. I think it will be interesting to see what they let us do now, since both used to be available on both networks.

Message 13 of 18
DeeBee78
Valued Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

@K-in-Boston wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

That's cool. I wonder if you get a new Venture VS, if they will let you PC it to a QS VS. I think it will be interesting to see what they let us do now, since both used to be available on both networks.

I will be a DP for this in about two months. I've decided to app the Visa Venture, then PC to Quicksilver 6 months after. It should retain Visa network and Signature status. 

Message 14 of 18
Anonymous
Not applicable

That would be awesome, DeeBee. I plan on apping Venture at some point and then do the same.

Message 15 of 18
Anonymous
Not applicable

@K-in-Boston wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

I also had no issues combining a Venture VS and a Quicksilver MC.  I since PCed the QS MC into a V1 WMC and back to a QS so I could have a QS WMC Smiley Wink  Tempted to try and get my QS a WEMC, but dunno if it's worth the hassle lol...

Oz

Message 16 of 18
sjt
Senior Contributor

New QS cards are World Elite MasterCards.

American Express: Platinum Charge, Optima, Business Gold, Delta Business Reserve, Business Cash, Business Plus
Barclays: Arrival+ WEMC
Capital One: Savor WEMC, Venture X Visa Infinite
Chase: Freedom U Visa Signature, CSR Visa Infinite
Citibank: AAdvantage Platinum WEMC
Elan/US Bank: Fidelity Visa Signature
Credit Union: Cash Back Visa Signature
FICO 08: Score decrease between 26-41 points after auto payoff (11.01.21) FICO as of 5.23, EX: 812 / EQ: 825 / TU: 815
Message 17 of 18
Anonymous
Not applicable

I just applied and was approved for a quicksilver myself but only a starting line of 1000? my TU score is 766 EX is 730 and eq is 735....how's capital one at raising your limit if you call?

Message 18 of 18
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.