Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Is Chase BK friendly?

tag
Broke_Triathlete
Valued Contributor

Is Chase BK friendly?

I want to apply for the CSR and the Ink Business but not sure if I'll be denied due to my BK discharged in 3/13. I originally was going to app for the Platinum AMEX personal and business but tempted to app for Chase. 

725+ across all bureaus

1% Util

4 INQ on Experian (most more than 1.5 years old)

Several 20K+ cards

Just opened Amex BCE ($20K) and Simply Cash Business 

Personal:

Business:

Message 1 of 18
17 REPLIES 17
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Is Chase BK friendly?

As of recently (Nov.) they seem to be denying credit to individuals with a BK on record.  I applied for a IHG card, the only reason for the denial was BK.  

Message 2 of 18
Anonymous
Not applicable

No, the will decline immediately with BK reporting. You can however attempt to recon. There have been several BK’rs who’ve had success with this! 

Good luck! 

Message 3 of 18
Broke_Triathlete
Valued Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

As of recently (Nov.) they seem to be denying credit to individuals with a BK on record.  I applied for a IHG card, the only reason for the denial was BK.  

I read that in a couple of older threads but appreciate your data point. Sorry you didn't get in with them. I guess I have to wait until 2023 before I get in with Chase and Citi, even though they weren't IIB. 

Personal:

Business:

Message 4 of 18
pizza1
Community Leader
Super Contributor

ok, Im gonna just pretend that you're a newbie coming to the forums asking this question for the 1st time, instead on a regular poster whose been here for 3 1/2 yrs, lol..(ok, sighs...think calm thoughts pizza1, lol)....

OK...the skinny...

Chase use to be BK friendly, but as of late they are not with reports that they won't even approve now until BK is off the reports completely. I scooted in the knick of time a year ago on recon for the Amazon Visa, but they auto decline for BK when you apply....period. It will be up to you if you decide you want to recon.

Amex is a likely choice, because you can actually apply to them now since you are 5yrs post your file BK date, but you already have SC with them now.

I personally wouldn't waste my time with a Chase HP, you'll have to recon regardless. Good luck

Message 5 of 18
peghede
Valued Contributor

NO

Message 6 of 18
Anonymous
Not applicable

Chase will automatically deny if you have a BK, you will have to do a reconsideration, and some have been succesful on reconsideration. It's up to you to if you want to apply. My son was successful with his reconsideration.

Message 7 of 18
AverageJoesCredit
Legendary Contributor

On in a mirrorSmiley Wink
Message 8 of 18
CreditCuriosity
Moderator Emeritus

Instant denial if BK is on file and reports recently Chase won't even consider on recon if BK is on report meaning 10 years.  Assuming they must of had a uptick on CO's that caused this fairly recent change.  It use to be you could have a bk on file and recon and get considered now there are data points out that kinda like the 5/24 rule chase no matter what cant overturn a denial even if they want to if you have a BK on your file.

Message 9 of 18
Broke_Triathlete
Valued Contributor

@CreditCuriousity wrote:

Instant denial if BK is on file and reports recently Chase won't even consider on recon if BK is on report meaning 10 years.  Assuming they must of had a uptick on CO's that caused this fairly recent change.  It use to be you could have a bk on file and recon and get considered now there are data points out that kinda like the 5/24 rule chase no matter what cant overturn a denial even if they want to if you have a BK on your file.

Thank you for your post as always CC. 

Personal:

Business:

Message 10 of 18
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.