cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Is Chase Ink Plus hard to get? DECLINED :(

tag
Mike_B03
Valued Contributor

Re: Is Chase Ink Plus Business hard to get?

What is the recon number in case I need to call?

Also, is the Ink Plus or the Ink Bold easier to get approval? The Bold is a charge card I believer while the Plus is a revolver.

Message 11 of 63
Mike_B03
Valued Contributor

So I clicked to apply and read this...

Yes, my credit history is clear of bankruptcies or seriously delinquent accounts and I have not been denied credit by Chase within the last 6 months.

Now my credit clear of any bankruptcies (never had one) but there is a medical collection for $480 from 2007 (not scheduled to drop off until 07/2014) showing on my report. That is my only negative showing. Is there even a point in applying with that on there? Scores are all in the 700 - 705 range.

Message 12 of 63
myjourney
Super Contributor

@Mike_B03 wrote:

So I clicked to apply and read this...

Yes, my credit history is clear of bankruptcies or seriously delinquent accounts and I have not been denied credit by Chase within the last 6 months.

Now my credit clear of any bankruptcies (never had one) but there is a medical collection for $480 from 2007 (not scheduled to drop off until 07/2014) showing on my report. That is my only negative showing. Is there even a point in applying with that on there? Scores are all in the 700 - 705 range.

480.00 6 years ago is not a seriously bad account IMHO 

Your over thinking 

Before you app think...
Have you done your research of the CC?
Does it fit your spending?
Do you have a plan for the bonus w/o going into debt?
Can you afford the AF?
Do you know the cards benefits? Is it worth the HP?
Message 13 of 63
Mike_B03
Valued Contributor

Ok Smiley Happy

So, Bold (charge card) or Plus (credit card)? I'm leaning toward Bold just because my logic says it should be easier to get an approval.

Message 14 of 63
Mike_B03
Valued Contributor

Doh! Smiley Frustrated

Thank you for applying. Your application requires further review before making a decision.

Here's what you can expect:

• Our goal is to notify you in writing within 10 days; however, in some circumstances it may take up to 30 days.
  • If you are approved, you will receive your card and other important information in the mail.
  • Please do not resubmit this application.

So now what? Call the recon line tomorrow?

Edit: Apparently this guy says to call the recon line as he has never been approved automatically but has been after calling, even after being the denied the first time and then calling back a few days later. http://boardingarea.com/frequentmiler/2012/04/13/how-to-sign-up-for-the-ink-bold/

Message 15 of 63
myjourney
Super Contributor

@Mike_B03 wrote:

Doh! Smiley Frustrated

Thank you for applying. Your application requires further review before making a decision.

Here's what you can expect:

• Our goal is to notify you in writing within 10 days; however, in some circumstances it may take up to 30 days.
  • If you are approved, you will receive your card and other important information in the mail.
  • Please do not resubmit this application.

So now what? Call the recon line tomorrow?

I think that's the standard mesage from Chase business lately ...Give them a call tomorrow and best wishes

Before you app think...
Have you done your research of the CC?
Does it fit your spending?
Do you have a plan for the bonus w/o going into debt?
Can you afford the AF?
Do you know the cards benefits? Is it worth the HP?
Message 16 of 63
kilj0y
Regular Contributor

I usually call right after I hit submit, so during the week when they are open I can recon right away.

Message 17 of 63
n777ua
Established Contributor

I think a lot of 'sole proprietorship' apps get the 7-10 day for a bit more scruitny.  Just a note, you can obtain a TIN in about 10 minutes online through the IRS.

About $215,000 total credit among 11 cards
Message 18 of 63
Mike_B03
Valued Contributor

@kilj0y wrote:

I usually call right after I hit submit, so during the week when they are open I can recon right away.

Wish I could but they are closed on Sunday and the 60,000 bonus points expires today, so had to pull the trigger. I will call first thing in the morning and hopefully with some luck I'll get the Ink Bold.

Message 19 of 63
n777ua
Established Contributor

Just be sure and take a screen shot of the offer and keep it with a copy of your application so you can show later if they balk at giving you the 60k

About $215,000 total credit among 11 cards
Message 20 of 63
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.