cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Is Chase known to be Hard Pull Happy??

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Is Chase known to be Hard Pull Happy??

I checked it out (ordered my free yearly CR through TransUnion) and it was indeed a disappearing act with a HP as it showed the only really pulled it on 8/9. Good news because I did have an identity theft issue back when I opened my AMEX Zync so I was hoping it was not another issue like that again!

Crashem, do you think its worth going for the BCE now to get it done and over with or wait it out a few months? 

Message 11 of 14
Crashem
Valued Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

I checked it out (ordered my free yearly CR through TransUnion) and it was indeed a disappearing act with a HP as it showed the only really pulled it on 8/9. Good news because I did have an identity theft issue back when I opened my AMEX Zync so I was hoping it was not another issue like that again!

Crashem, do you think its worth going for the BCE now to get it done and over with or wait it out a few months? 

Since you are already an AMEX customer, any rejection will not effect your credit (ie soft pull).  If I was in your shoes, I would either app now or wait till January.  January would provide max backdating.  However now would get the CLI clock started.  Up to you.

LIMITS IN CARD DESCRIPTIONS
Message 12 of 14
Anonymous
Not applicable

I went ahead and bit the bullet on the BCE application. I wasn't planning on app'ing for it for about 6 months but figured what was there to lose. I was APPROVED on it. Not sure the limit yet, as it doesn't say and the number provided says it is only avaiable until I think 8pm. I think it's fair to say AMEX loves me!

So I made some decent steps on my credit portfolio within the last week:
Within the past week:
AMEX BCE (pending CL)
Chase Freedom (1k CL)
AMEX PRG (NPSL)

Previous card:
AMEX Zync (NPSL, had since 2010) Keeping it for the home pack!

My wallet will look a little full of AMEX cards Smiley Tongue but I will let these new cards/accounts mature a but before app'ing for anything else! As always thanks for the advice everyone.

Message 13 of 14
nickn86
Contributor

@CreditMuppet wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

So I apped for the Chase Freedom. Instant approval 1k CL. Kind of crappy considering I run almost 2.5k per month through my AMEX but this is my first revolver acct so I figured I'd take it. Anyhow, they are going hard pull happy... On 8/10 the day I app'd they HP'd Transunion, also on 8/10 FIRST USA (which I read is also Chase) pulled Experian. No big deal. Now, today (8/14) Chase HP'd Transunion again. Just seems excessive... are they known to HP so much when opening an account?

I think it depends.  Chase is known to pull single inquries from all three CB's but occasionally, perhaps based on product they will pull an extra CB.  I got hit with inquiries on both EX and TU when I was approved for my British Airways Signature Visa a few weeks a go, then again it was a $20K approval, though I have noticed a trend with the co-branded cards that in many cases they`ll pull two CB's. YMMMV

This just happened to me on the United card.  I got an alert from CK the next day and then an alert from Experian the day after (somewhat ironically, I only signed up for the Experian trial after noticing a pull from TU by Amex for an earlier app.  I wanted to see if they double or triple pulled, turns out they didn't, but then Chase did).  Sorta strange since the approval was instant and I got a 9k line (my highest CL by a significant amount).

I wonder how/why the co-branded thing relates.

Chase Sapphire Preferred - 5.6k (3/13) | Amex Premier Rewards Gold - NPSL (1/13) | Chase United MileagePlus Explorer Visa Signature - 9k (1/13) | Amex Delta Gold - 6k (9/12) | Citi Forward Visa - 10k (10/12) | Discover It - 2k (2/12) | Chase +1 Visa - $300 (2/11)
Message 14 of 14
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.