Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Is Chase "Executive Line" same as EO?

tag
dilettante
Established Contributor

Is Chase "Executive Line" same as EO?

Sorry for the dumb newbie question but...

When I call the numbers on the back of my Chase/JPM cards, most of the time, the CSR's will greet w/ "Chase (JPM) executive line, can I have your name...."  Is this the same group as the EO that everyone here is referring to for recons and special requests?  Or is this a new fancy phrase that all Chase CSR's are using to make customers feel like they're getting better service?

I've noticed they've started answering this way since I got the CSP.  Throws me off every time I call Chase because I don't necessarily want to contact the EO for anything special, ..well not just yet anyway.

Message 1 of 13
12 REPLIES 12
enharu
Super Contributor

Re: Is Chase "Executive Line" same as EO?

It's not the real EO. Those people you are talking to are just a higher tier of CSRs. It's mostly just a fancier name to make it sound nice.
JPMorgan Palladium (100k), AmEx Platinum (NPSL), AmEx SPG (46k), AmEx BCP (42k), Chase Sapphire Preferred (47k), Citi Prestige (31k), Citi Thank You Preferred (27k), Citi Executive AAdvantage (25k), JPMorgan Ritz-Carlton (21k), Merrill+ (15k), US Bank Cash+ (22.5k), Wells Fargo (12k), Bloomingdale’s (12.4k), Chase Freedom (5k), Discover IT (5k).
Message 2 of 13
dilettante
Established Contributor

Thanks so much. I was getting a little paranoid and thought maybe since I have called quite a bit than I have ever in my life to any CC company, that I was getting flagged as a difficult customer.

It may be a fancy name they're using and a bit higher tier but I still am not getting any clear or consistent answers.

Message 3 of 13
enharu
Super Contributor

Even though they are higher tier CSRs, they are usually still inadequately trained with regards to complex issues, or that they are simply not given enough authority to override the system for certain stuff. The "less-than-common" problems may surprise them once in a while as well.

What issues are you having?
JPMorgan Palladium (100k), AmEx Platinum (NPSL), AmEx SPG (46k), AmEx BCP (42k), Chase Sapphire Preferred (47k), Citi Prestige (31k), Citi Thank You Preferred (27k), Citi Executive AAdvantage (25k), JPMorgan Ritz-Carlton (21k), Merrill+ (15k), US Bank Cash+ (22.5k), Wells Fargo (12k), Bloomingdale’s (12.4k), Chase Freedom (5k), Discover IT (5k).
Message 4 of 13
dilettante
Established Contributor

Lately issues with them concerning whether or not they will be converting my old Freemom MC to Visa. When I read other's accounts of what they've been told, I'll ask the same questions just to see how consistent they are with their answers. Yikes, not very it seems. Other issues have been with the Palladium card but that has been more with the Concierge and their inconsistencies but not complaining about them, they have been very helpful if not always correct with answers about timing.

Message 5 of 13
enharu
Super Contributor

About card conversion: you can try calling the real EO if all else fails. Have you also tried sending a secured message to chase? Their online reps seems to be more helpful at times with these sort of requests.

About the palladium concierge: I can't really tell you about it since I don't have the palladium. Closest card I have is the Ritz Carlton card and I'm not even sure if they utilize the same reps. Have you tried talking to your PB about it?
Message 6 of 13
dilettante
Established Contributor

I have SM'd about the conversion and they did give me an answer that the conversion will definitely take place but no real answer to when. I just converted my CSP to MC but then after I did that, they sent me another SM saying that the CSP MC's will be converted, too. So I guess when that happens, I'll be looking around for another MC. The only other one I have is my new Saks WEMC but I wasn't really planning on using that one much.

It wasn't a serious issue with the Concierge so I haven't talked to my PB about it. Just wasn't able to get the United Club card in the timeframe promised so was a little inconvenient.

I have the Ritz also but haven't used their concierge much. Tried to get reservation at a hotel during a busy and sold out time but they weren't able to secure one for me. But they are an eager bunch and will always tell you to call them with anything they can help to make your life easier.

Message 7 of 13
enharu
Super Contributor

Hmm usually when you ask for a conversion they should do it right away unless your account isn't eligible for one. So it's been a while and they have yet to mail out the cards? I would recommend you try calling EO to sort this out.

the co-branded cards do seem to take longer to be sent out, but I think that has to do with them having to register / verify your rewards program with their partners, and setting up accounts. I had the same issue with the ritz card. Bit of an inconvenience but no big deal since I had to meet minimum spend on my Amex plat as well.

Message 8 of 13
dilettante
Established Contributor

Sorry for the confusion, Friday night and I'm not being clear headed and typing what I mean. I actually didn't want my Freedom MC to be converted to Visa so wasn't happy to find out that Chase is planning to convert all non partnered cards (Freedom, CSP, Slate,etc.) to Visa. And I wanted to know when they planned to convert, so I could plan when to get another MC to replace the Chase Freedom MC.

The United Club Card was not the CC but was their lounge club access card that was needed this week and wasn't received in the time frame needed. It's one of the benefits of the Palladium - you can get complimentary Lounge Club as well as United Club Lounge. The concierge who signed up the account mistakenly told me it would arrive earlier.

Message 9 of 13
enharu
Super Contributor

Ah I see. Sorry for misunderstanding you. I'm not too sure about that either. Haven't heard anything about it. When they convert you to visa, I think the MasterCard version should still continue to work for a month or two though before it gets deactivated entirely. I may be wrong however.
Message 10 of 13
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.