Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Is Chevron still BK friendly?

tag
favor4me2
Regular Contributor

Is Chevron still BK friendly?

Is Chevron still bk friendly? I went on the website to get information about applying for the gas card and it said this "Before you apply, you should be able to answer "Yes" to the following:"             
 My credit history is clear of bankruptcy.  I have NOT been denied credit by GE Money within the last 6 months.  I am at least 18 years old. Does this mean they no longer except bk's?
Message 1 of 28
27 REPLIES 27
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Is Chevron still BK friendly?

I'm not sure on the friendly part, but GEMB is the CCC for Chevron.

Message 2 of 28
haulingthescoreup
Moderator Emerita

Now, that's interesting, because those are the three famous Credit Questions of Death asked by Chase on their online apps!

eta: not saying that Chevron isn't GEMB, because it is, but it sounds as if GEMB has mooched Chase's questions.
Message Edited by haulingthescoreup on 09-01-2009 03:44 PM
* Credit is a wonderful servant, but a terrible master. * Who's the boss --you or your credit?
FICO's: EQ 781 - TU 793 - EX 779 (from PSECU) - Done credit hunting; having fun with credit gardening. - EQ 590 on 5/14/2007
Message 3 of 28
favor4me2
Regular Contributor

Do you think they are being bought out by Chase? I'm so tempted to apply just to see what happens but I don't want to waste an inq. My credit score is high enough to get the card. I called cust serv and they said they are bk friendly but when I read to her what the website said, she said it didn't make a difference I could still apply and they would send a letter in 7-10 days. I told her I didn't want to unless it would be approved, she said the only way to know would be to apply either by phone or online. Has anyone else applied recently with a bk and gotten approved?

Message 4 of 28
Sparkz1920
Frequent Contributor

BOA has the same questions i think

I know this for certain and for sure, if they are BK friendly, they sure aren't Delinquent Account/Charge off friendly so id take a gander and say they might not

GEMB seems to be real strict.The only card I got from them was my Penny's card and they only gave me a $100 limit. Sad when i found out my sorority sister got an 800 dollar limit

Starting Score: 601
Current Score: 670
Goal Score: 700

Take the FICO Fitness Challenge

NFCU Rewards- 8K......AMEX Delta Skymiles-5k.....Citi AAdvantage AMEX-3.5K...WalMart Discover-4K....Old Navy Visa-2k...BOA-3000...AMEX Green-NPSL....Discover More-1K
Message 5 of 28
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Sparkz1920 wrote:

GEMB seems to be real strict.The only card I got from them was my Penny's card and they only gave me a $100 limit.

I avoided app'ing w/Chevron because of the online questions you're referring to. 

Some GEMB cards are BK friendly.  I rec'd JCPenney's $1200, Dillard's $700, Walmart 500 6 mos. out of Ch13.

CB shows Chevon as much more iffy than other GEMB cards - a definite gamble.

Message 6 of 28
Sparkz1920
Frequent Contributor

@Beammeup, congrats to you

You put me to shame. I just messed my credit up and am in the stages of repair and couldnt even get any of te limits that you have.

Starting Score: 601
Current Score: 670
Goal Score: 700

Take the FICO Fitness Challenge

NFCU Rewards- 8K......AMEX Delta Skymiles-5k.....Citi AAdvantage AMEX-3.5K...WalMart Discover-4K....Old Navy Visa-2k...BOA-3000...AMEX Green-NPSL....Discover More-1K
Message 7 of 28
favor4me2
Regular Contributor

Update......I took the plunge and apped for the Dilliards card today and received a cl of $250 I called the cust serv # and requested a recon and the underwriter raised it to $500. I also apped for the Chevron gas card and to my surprised got approved for the Visa card for $950!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Message 8 of 28
favor4me2
Regular Contributor

Does anybody know how the Chevron Visa works I was really looking for their gas card because that's the only gas we use. Is it still considered a gas card as well?
Message 9 of 28
haulingthescoreup
Moderator Emerita

If it has Visa/ MC/ AmEx/ Discover on it, it's no longer considered a retail (gas, store) card. It's a bank card instead.

But that's fine, because the Dillard's card counts as retail, assuming it's not Visa, MC, etc.

There's still a lot of debate as to whether having a pure retail card helps your scores, but if it does, you only need one. So you don't need a store AND a gas card; one is all it takes.

Congrats!
* Credit is a wonderful servant, but a terrible master. * Who's the boss --you or your credit?
FICO's: EQ 781 - TU 793 - EX 779 (from PSECU) - Done credit hunting; having fun with credit gardening. - EQ 590 on 5/14/2007
Message 10 of 28
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.