cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Is Citi Forward Student Going Extinct?!?!?!

tag
Jungook
Regular Contributor

Is Citi Forward Student Going Extinct?!?!?!

So I was recently approved for the Discover IT card for students as my first card and I am about to undertake my journey with revolving credit.

My next and last card I plan to apply for before the year ends is the Citi Forward for Students. I am aware that Citi is more selective than Discover when approving applicants so my plan is to wait till mid December to apply so that my student loans and revolving credit have about 3 months to report to the bureaus.

Will the Forward for Students still exist in December or will it become discontinued by then as I know the regular version has already gone extinct.

What are my chances of getting approved if I tried applying earlier than December?

Thanks.

Message 1 of 20
19 REPLIES 19
09Lexie
Moderator Emerita

Re: Citi Forward Student Going Extinct

There is no way to tell if Firward/Students will be available in December or tomorrow tbh. Without knowing your cr profile, its hard to give you a more detailed response as to your chances.
Message 2 of 20
Jungook
Regular Contributor

Darn, I was hoping there were like industry insiders regarding credit cards kind of how people can predict when the new iPhones are coming out before an official announcement from Apple.

This gamble between time and app success is driving me insane!

Message 3 of 20
myjourney
Super Contributor

@09Lexie wrote:
There is no way to tell if Firward/Students will be available in December or tomorrow tbh. Without knowing your cr profile, its hard to give you a more detailed response as to your chances.

+1 

The student version is less restrictive but also lower limits too which is to be expected 

Before you app think...
Have you done your research of the CC?
Does it fit your spending?
Do you have a plan for the bonus w/o going into debt?
Can you afford the AF?
Do you know the cards benefits? Is it worth the HP?
Message 4 of 20
daybreakgonesXe
Valued Contributor

Geez you don't know how bad this thread title scared me!! Enough to almost make me tumble out of the garden!

Hopefully this card will be around for a while, and if it does get "discontinued", they put a bigger and better card in it's place Smiley Wink

Message 5 of 20
myjourney
Super Contributor

@daybreakgonesXe wrote:

Geez you don't know how bad this thread title scared me!! Enough to almost make me tumble out of the garden!

Hopefully this card will be around for a while, and if it does get "discontinued", they put a bigger and better card in it's place Smiley Wink

Get to stepping daybreakgonesXe go home LolSmiley Tongue

Before you app think...
Can you afford the AF?
Message 6 of 20
daybreakgonesXe
Valued Contributor

Haha! Don't worry myjourney, I said "almost" Smiley Tongue I'm still firmly planted with my preciouses!

Message 7 of 20
myjourney
Super Contributor

@daybreakgonesXe wrote:

Haha! Don't worry myjourney, I said "almost" Smiley Tongue I'm still firmly planted with my preciouses!

Smiley LOL

I couldn't resist

Before you app think...
Can you afford the AF?
Message 8 of 20
Jungook
Regular Contributor

@daybreakgonesXe wrote:

5 points for Amazon, restaurants (including fast food), and entertainment is such a good deal though. I heard the rewards program for the Forward was causing Citi to lose money so they discontinued the regular version. If that is true, how would they release an even better card? O_o

Message 9 of 20
daybreakgonesXe
Valued Contributor

@Jungook wrote:

@daybreakgonesXe wrote:

5 points for Amazon, restaurants (including fast food), and entertainment is such a good deal though. I heard the rewards program for the Forward was causing Citi to lose money so they discontinued the regular version. If that is true, how would they release an even better card? O_o

Hmm, good point. I'm just hoping this card doesn't go away soon; majority of my spending is at restaurants and fast food, and i do spend quite a bit at amazon. Not to mention I could easily get the points 1-to-1, since I currently have a student loan.

Message 10 of 20
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.