Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Is Citibank...

tag
sunrise
Frequent Contributor

Is Citibank...

BK friendly?  I have tried reading the BK freindly card threads...but I'm not finding a real answer?!

I hear they have great CS, though!

I am wanting a citi card...but, my bk (7) was discharged in 03/03.

TIA
takin' it one day at a time
Message 1 of 20
19 REPLIES 19
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Is Citibank...

Citi doesn't like collections(paid or unpaid), that I know for sure, so I would say that is highly likely that they are not BK friendly.

Hopefully someone else that app'd with them that had a BK will chime in.

GL
Message 2 of 20
Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi sunrise. Have you searched for Citi in whogavemecredit.com?

A good place to start to give you info if they are. But I agree with jaybee....probably not imo.

I'm sure others with chime in with their thoughts on this today.
Message 3 of 20
sunrise
Frequent Contributor

I will try "whogavemecredit"..Thanks.

Does anyone know who Citi pulls?  DH's EQ...has no collections...only 5 year old bk, perfect pay since...We are wanting better cards w/ higher limits. (after mtg approval in Mar.)

TU & EX have a couple pd collections from before the bk and a couple included in bk.  Working on GW's and such!

DH's myFICO scores...TU 684  EQ 680 EX 652 (haters)

Any chance/idea of really great cards at these scores?  BTW...we just pd. util from 30% to less than 3%...and it isn't reporting yet, so, this should give a boost to scores next month!

Thanks allSmiley Happy
Message 4 of 20
Anonymous
Not applicable

Sunrise, whogavemecredit.com will provide that info.

http://www.whogavemecredit.com/

Many of us here use it constantly. Smiley Happy Great website
Message 5 of 20
Anonymous
Not applicable

That's good that the DH doesn't have collections on EQ, as that is who Citi pull, at least that is who they pulled on me.
Message 6 of 20
Anonymous
Not applicable

Many ccc's use one or the other CRA's when pulling CR's, depending on what state you live in.

And here again, whogavemecredit will give you that info. Smiley Happy
Message 7 of 20
sunrise
Frequent Contributor

I went to the "Whogave..." website!  How cool is that?!  I got the info I needed, thank you!  I think we will wait till the 7 year mark hits the cr's to go for Citi, don't want to waste a hard pull for a denial!!

Thanks allSmiley Happy
Message 8 of 20
Anonymous
Not applicable

Sylviatob wrote:
Sunrise, whogavemecredit.com will provide that info.

http://www.whogavemecredit.com/

Many of us here use it constantly. Smiley Happy Great website

whogavemecredit is a great resource, but it's sorely lacking when trying to find out which CRA a creditor pulls.  The reason for this is that there is a field for all three FICOs on each entry.  If someone enters their info for all three FICOs, you never know which one they pulled unless the entry mentions it in the comments section.

Not very helpful in that respect.

Message 9 of 20
SmartCookie
Valued Contributor

cheddar wrote:

whogavemecredit is a great resource, but it's sorely lacking when trying to find out which CRA a creditor pulls.  The reason for this is that there is a field for all three FICOs on each entry.  If someone enters their info for all three FICOs, you never know which one they pulled unless the entry mentions it in the comments section.

Not very helpful in that respect.

The site has become very outdated, which is a shame.  I admit I have contributed no information to it.  Maybe we need a 'WGMC drive' weekend where we all commit to updating it with all info we are able to. 
EQ 787 EX 781 TU 737 11/17/07 *** I am not an attorney. If I was, I might not clip coupons. If you want legal advice, consult an attorney. If you want my personal opinion, feel free to consider my posts***
Message 10 of 20
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.