Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Is Comenity CLI system changing?

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Is Comenity CLI system changing?

Activated new Good Sam Signature Visa and Sportsman's Guide Visa yesterday and today tried to call for CLI - both systems wanted to transfer me to a person. Did not complete the call with Good Sam but waited on the line for a person for Sportsman's Guide, who told me the only way a CLI was possible was with HP.

I also recall that sandibeach reported when she recently received her new Barney's card that she tried several times and kept getting a person. No automated system appeared for her - once she called and said "credit limit increase", the automated system immediately transferred her to a person. No option not to do so. Is this the case for some cards and not others, or is Comenity system changing? Is it only working for store cards now and not Visa/ MC? Or for certain store cards?

I do recall someone else saying they were connected to a person who wanted to HP for CLI,a nd were not given the option to continue in full through the automated system.

Please report your recent Comenity CLI experiences (especially with new cards) so we can make some rhyme or reason of this, if there is indeed such a thing in the world of Comenity and credit cards (ha ha). Recent CLI experiences meaning within the last 7-14 days, please. People with new cards especially, please report.

I personally have had a great run with the automated system on several cards in the last couple of months but this is why I am asking people to only report experiences from the last 7-14 days, so we can see if there is a change. Thanks!

Message 1 of 31
30 REPLIES 30
Creditaddict
Legendary Contributor

Re: Is Comenity CLI system changing?

sometimes when account is brand new it put to rep to process because some of the cards actually have some power to try to get you what you want in one swoop vs the $200 automated system or something.

Crate and Barrell and Restoration Hardware did this... the only time I've actually gone through and talked to a rep too.

normally just wait a week or so and use automated phone (1st statement at most!)

Message 2 of 31
Ron1
Super Contributor

Recently I got a few CLI for Total Rewards Visa Signature , Fuel Rewards  MC and Mypoints Visa . They gave me once every 3 months.  Those are not new accounts. I have it for almost two years. I haven't  requested it over the phone.

I don't think I don't qualify for CLI for those two cards: Sportsmanguide Visa and CampingWorld Visa Signature. It is still new.

Ron.

Message 3 of 31
core
Valued Contributor

I requested a Sportsman's Guide CLI online 4 days ago.  Denied.  (No change in the system there!)  After reading this post I just logged in and tried my Victoria's naughty stuff card.  Approved, $1300->1700.

Why call in if you just want to speak to a computer anyway?

Message 4 of 31
Anonymous
Not applicable

Core, I'm not referring to the online system - that doesn't have as positive of results usually. I don't botehr with it at all. Most of us are used to the automated phone system which often gives much different results than the online system.

Plus, I am not and don't think too many others are keen on the idea of talking to a person who wants to do a HP -versus following a process that has worked using the automated phone system.

Message 5 of 31
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Ron1 wrote:

Recently I got a few CLI for Total Rewards Visa Signature , Fuel Rewards  MC and Mypoints Visa . They gave me once every 3 months.  Those are not new accounts. I have it for almost two years. I haven't  requested it over the phone.

I don't think I don't qualify for CLI for those two cards: Sportsmanguide Visa and CampingWorld Visa Signature. It is still new.

Ron.

Thanks Ron! I got an online CLI for Total Rewards as soon as I set up the online account and even before I received the card. Went from 11k to 13k even before getting the card. However, I do think Total Rewards is a little different as a number of people have reported an initial cli when requested. Some of the other cards are tough customers and don't do intiial CLI. Just trying to figure out if the overall phone system we all know and love si changing or if it's simply because the cards are new.
We can't use Total Rewards as an example because it seems part of their process to give an initial CLI.
As an aside, Ron - my new Fuel Rewards MC is on its way to me. How are you liking that card?

Message 6 of 31
yfan
Valued Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

Core, I'm not referring to the online system - that doesn't have as positive of results usually. I don't botehr with it at all. Most of us are used to the automated phone system which often gives much different results than the online system.

Really? I did not know this. I have had my Comenity Orbitz Visa for less than a year and I only did one CLI request, and that was online, got a small increase. I did another one just now after reading this thread, and got another small increase (this time it increased for $2500 to $3250) - seemed to be a SP. Now that I know I can do this every 3 months rather than 6, I will try it again then.

But to your point, it would make sense for Comenity to tighten up the phone system if what you and others have experienced before was not their intended behavior or they are changing their intended behavior. I guess Comenity is saying that if you want increases bigger than what is available through the button on your online account, you will have to take a HP.

Message 7 of 31
Anonymous
Not applicable

yfan, the automtaed phone system has had the best results overall for larger numbers of people, especially for large CLI's - for certain cards. Read the Barney's thread.

Some smaller cards like Buckle and Express have not been reported to give much if any CLI's at all, around $250.

J Crew and Barney's (and a few others) have given CLI's in the thousands through a multi-step process with the phone automated system. Not to say it never happens online, but there has been a high level of success with the phone system for multiple CLI's, especially more recently.

Again, certain cards. A few months ago Talbots' gave me 2 phone system CLI's that were a total of $500 at the same time Barney's was giving me $10k through a series of steps on the phone auotmated system. Pizza1 had great success with it as did many others.

I've never been able to detremine if MC's and Visa's are included in this run, though. Yes, CLI's but how regular, I'm not sure. 

And, I'm not sure if the auromated phone system process is changing or it's just because the cards are new. People listing their recent experiences will help all of us to know a bit better.

Message 8 of 31
Anonymous
Not applicable

Comenity

sorry-meant to say 10k CLI above, not imply 10k total. Went from $8,750 CL for Barney's to $18,750 using multi-step automated phone system. ZAP.

Message 9 of 31
Anonymous
Not applicable

see above- sorry-posted twice. Slow computer

Message 10 of 31
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.