Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Is Comenity CLI system changing?

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Comenity

I hit 31 days on my Sportsman's Guide Visa yesterday. Tried a CLI online, no go. Then tried the phone robot lady, also no go. Did not get transferred to a human.

Message 11 of 31
Anonymous
Not applicable

Captool, this really helps to know, thank you. Keep the information coming, everyone, I think it will help us all!

I am also wondering (unoffficially) if newer Comenity cards are more likely to get CLI's than older ones.  Not brand new necessarily, just newer (4 months old vs. 2 years old, for example) .

Possibly, certain cards that have previously received big CLI's have hit a dry spell too. Has anyone found that to be the case?

I only mention because my 5 month old Barney's has been chugging along more recently, and West Elm and J Crew got  very large increases about 5 months ago, but no increases in 5 months for West Elm and J Crew, and they are each 14 months old. Any info to suggest an older vs. newer trends is also appreciated.

Maybe it's just that my Good Sam Visa Signature and Sportsman's Guide Visa are new. And maybe, I was encouraged by the 2k immediate CLI on Total Rewards up to 13k (exciting!)  and thought the others would give even some small level of initial CLI  once the card was activated I think that is actually a feature of Total Rewards that may be unique to them, since it seems to be a theme with so many.

Message 12 of 31
Anonymous
Not applicable

I just got a $750 CLI on my Comenity Ann Taylor card taking it to $2,750.  Original starting limit 2 years ago was $300.00.  All my Ann Taylor increases have been on-line and have all been SP.  

Message 13 of 31
Anonymous
Not applicable

I have the Overstock Store Card and Serta Card. I have requested two CLI's online. My overstock has gone from 14,000 starting limit to 15,200 with online CLIs and the Serta went to 15000 from 11500 starting limit. I've never called in for an increase, only used the online button, and all were SPs. I've had both cards since April 2015.

Message 14 of 31
Anonymous
Not applicable

Brand new Total Rewards Visa, initial limit of $1000. Just requested CLI online and was increased to $2200. I have 6 other new Comenity accounts and got CLI denied with 7-10 letter.

Message 15 of 31
Anonymous
Not applicable

I tried to get DH a CLI on his Good Sam as it only started him at $1000 which will not even cover our upcoming trip.........I went thru Secure Message when button gave 7-10 and explained the card would not even cover this next trip.....asked them to review for an increase and got advised too new.  Specifically they said the following

"I apologize for any inconvenience this has caused. I have reviewed the 
account and see that the credit limit increase could not be processed 
because the account is too new. It is recommended to have at lest six to
nine months of payment history on the account to receive an increase. I 
have notated your account of the request and if the account should 
qualify for an increase, you will be notified on the statement."

So looks like they like a longer statement history on this one at least.

Message 16 of 31
Anonymous
Not applicable

blue nile and barneys still giving the 10k ever 31 days, just got the bump this morning on both from 10k to 20k

Message 17 of 31
damnedanddetermined
Established Contributor

Re: Is Comenity CLI system changing?

I just called in yesterday about 3pm and got Barneys auto robot to go from 750 to 10, 750   So, its still working Smiley Happy  Does anyone know about west elm?

Message 18 of 31
Anonymous
Not applicable

I have 6 cards with Comenity, 4 store cards, and 2 credit cards, all accounts are about 2 monts old now. I did get a credit line increase on 1 store card and 1 credit card. When I hit the button, no matter what card it is, the system says I am not eligible for a cli. I got the letter in the mail after trying for 1 cli, so I called. The rep told me my account was in review. Not sure what that means. A credit line increase would be nice, but not sure how long before they allow me to even request one.

Message 19 of 31
CreditCuriosity
Moderator Emeritus

@Anonymous wrote:

I have 6 cards with Comenity, 4 store cards, and 2 credit cards, all accounts are about 2 monts old now. I did get a credit line increase on 1 store card and 1 credit card. When I hit the button, no matter what card it is, the system says I am not eligible for a cli. I got the letter in the mail after trying for 1 cli, so I called. The rep told me my account was in review. Not sure what that means. A credit line increase would be nice, but not sure how long before they allow me to even request one.

Never speak to a rep at comenity about the words CLI.. This will equal a HP if requested by a CSR.  Use the button or the robot phone lady.

Message 20 of 31
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.