cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Is Costco AE same as American Express Corp?

tag
MountainHiker
Established Contributor

Re: Is Costco AE same as American Express Corp?

@OptimasPrime wrote:

I think that that would be more than enough to get you back into their good graces. 

It might not be necessary though. I forgot to mention another possibility in my earlier post. You can find out if you are blacklisted pretty easily by simply applying for the costco. If you are blacklisted their system will deny your application immediately with no hard pull. If you are not blacklisted then they will process your application and even.possibly approve it. It's a bit of a long shot they'd approve you with an unpaid co but by applying you can at least find out if you're blacklisted/where you stand with amex.

Even if you are blacklisted I'm not sure you'd need to buy goodwill by tying that much cash up  with them, paying the charge off would probably be sufficient

Apped for a revolver nearly a month ago and yes blacklisted but think I can work this out with a PIF and a sizebable CD deposite. I want my blue card back. I think you are correct maybe the CD doesn't have to be multi six figures.Maybe 100K will show good will.In any case I have six more months till my last collection falls off then I pay that one as well.

EQ-732FICO,EX-PLUS 740,TU-725FICO
Goal 750 Across

NFCU Signature Cash Rewards Visa, Chase Freedom Visa, Wells Fargo Visa Secured
Message 11 of 14
ryanbush
Valued Contributor

i'm sorry to hear about your mother, i would have done the samething.  wish you nothing but luck on your future endavours, i hope this site helps you as much as it has me.

Chase Sapphire Perferred | Chase Freedom | AMEX Platinum | AMEX Delta Platinum | AMEX SPG | Capital One Venture | Capital One Quicksliver | Discover IT | ABFCU Visa | Citi AA WEMC
Message 12 of 14
MountainHiker
Established Contributor

@ryanbush wrote:

i'm sorry to hear about your mother, i would have done the samething.  wish you nothing but luck on your future endavours, i hope this site helps you as much as it has me.

Thanks, very kind of you!! When someone gives us life the lease we can do is invest some of it to help extend theirs.And, it did just that.Life is a blessing!! The experience also has influence and given me the desire to care for people in a medical way.Btw, my mom was a good hearted smart tough lady.She had spent over 40 years working as a Registed Nurse.That is a lot of souls she took care ofSmiley Happy

EQ-732FICO,EX-PLUS 740,TU-725FICO
Goal 750 Across

NFCU Signature Cash Rewards Visa, Chase Freedom Visa, Wells Fargo Visa Secured
Message 13 of 14
Anonymous
Not applicable

Don't get around to commenting on too many posts, just too busy these days. But it's situations like these that renew my faith in humanity. Now as for your question. You'll need to get it paid off first. Do that, wait a couple weeks and send a goodwill letter to Amex to remove the entries on your report (if they're still there. I'd say you have a 90% shot. Then app for a charge card (zync is easiest but I wouldn't be too concerned), you may be declined; it takes a month sometimes for their system to lower your risk score sufficiently (reflecting the payment) ... Though you should be deblacklisted right away. If you're declined then recon, they may ask you to fax a credit report to "media". If they do it will result in a hp. Wait 6 months and apply for a credit card. I doubt you need to put 200k in their bank, and if they did ask for something like that it would probably be more on the lines of 10k, which they have done for some gold card applicants in the past. It's a bit unnecessary and overkill to move that much into their so-so cd's unless maybe you plan on running large amounts through right away. Their bank and lending are two separate entities. While it could help you obtain a card it has less to do with your risk score. Although you would have some leverage were they to demand tax returns. Hope this helps.
Message 14 of 14
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.