cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Is Dell Financial Services a CFA?

Auto Loans for ANY Credit Situation. Immediate Response.
Advertiser disclosure
Regular Contributor

Is Dell Financial Services a CFA?

Back in November 2008, I opened up a Dell Financial Services account to buy a laptop with no interest for 12 months.  I paid off the laptop by month 10 of the purchase and then closed the account after I was sure my balance was $0.  However, even though this account is "closed" with Dell, it still shows up as open on all three of my CRs.  I am wondering if this is considered a consumer finance account (that is hurting my score) or if it just seen as another CC.  The reason I ask is that I never received any paperwork or a card of any kind from Dell during the entire time I had the account open.  I haven't disputed the TL on my CRs yet because I feel the age of the account is helping me.  The account is listed as "Revolving" but the industry is "Sales Financing".  If it is considered a CFA, perhaps it is time I close it for good and wait the 10 years for it to age off.  Any advice is greatly appreciated.

Starting Scores (lender pull 3/27/10): 759 (EQ), 752 (TU), 749 (EX)
Current Scores (myFICO 4/4/11): 768 (EQ)
Goal Scores: 800

Take the FICO Fitness Challenge
Message 1 of 2
1 REPLY 1
Valued Contributor

Re: Is Dell Financial Services a CFA?

@tpatterson2k9 wrote:

Back in November 2008, I opened up a Dell Financial Services account to buy a laptop with no interest for 12 months.  I paid off the laptop by month 10 of the purchase and then closed the account after I was sure my balance was $0.  However, even though this account is "closed" with Dell, it still shows up as open on all three of my CRs.  I am wondering if this is considered a consumer finance account (that is hurting my score) or if it just seen as another CC.  The reason I ask is that I never received any paperwork or a card of any kind from Dell during the entire time I had the account open.  I haven't disputed the TL on my CRs yet because I feel the age of the account is helping me.  The account is listed as "Revolving" but the industry is "Sales Financing".  If it is considered a CFA, perhaps it is time I close it for good and wait the 10 years for it to age off.  Any advice is greatly appreciated.

As far as I know, it's in the "store credit card" group.  

FICO Scores Updated 07/15 EQ08 748 EX08 748 TU08 818
Message 2 of 2
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.