cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Is EQ the favored credit bureau by most credit cards?

tag
parakleet
Valued Contributor

Is EQ the favored credit bureau by most credit cards?

I checked all three of my CRs and saw that I have more than twice the number of Inq's on my EQ that the other two. Same with my DH. I know Amex likes EX but will pull others if you're borderline. BoA seems to pull only TU. and everyone else pulls EQ! Just thought it was funny.

Gardening since 7/16/14
Current: EQ 711 7/13/14; EX 724 TU 721 6/19/14
Goal: 760+
Message 1 of 14
13 REPLIES 13
myjourney
Super Contributor

Re: Is EQ the favored credit bureau by most credit cards?

@parakleet wrote:
I checked all three of my CRs and saw that I have more than twice the number of Inq's on my EQ that the other two. Same with my DH. I know Amex likes EX but will pull others if you're borderline. BoA seems to pull only TU. and everyone else pulls EQ! Just thought it was funny.

Depends on your location when I lived in the midwest EX was the favorite and wouldn't you know in Florida EX againSmiley Surprised

I need a TU state Lol

Before you app think...
Have you done your research of the CC?
Does it fit your spending?
Do you have a plan for the bonus w/o going into debt?
Can you afford the AF?
Do you know the cards benefits? Is it worth the HP?
Message 2 of 14
RSCo
Established Contributor

@parakleet wrote:

go to whogavemecredit.com and do a search by CA to see what banks normally use which CA...

P.s. The Amex site is up and waiting......  Smiley Wink

$30,500$18,500NPSL$15,000$10,000$25,000$32,000
Message 3 of 14
ilovelisa
Established Contributor

Depends on your location when I lived in the midwest EX was the favorite and wouldn't you know in Florida EX againSmiley Surprised

I need a TU state Lol

I live in SC and it is a TU state lol, Discover, Barclays, GE, Cap 1, Amex, PNC have all pulled TU for me.

Amex BCE $10,000 | BofA Power Rewards WMC $10,000 | Discover It $10,000 | ICBC Preferred Gold UnionPay $8,000 | Local CU Visa $3,500
Message 4 of 14
myjourney
Super Contributor

@ilovelisa wrote:

I need a TU state Lol

I live in SC and it is a TU state lol, Discover, Barclays, GE, Cap 1, Amex, PNC have all pulled TU for me.

Guess I'll have to move to SC for the next 2 years Smiley LOL

Before you app think...
Have you done your research of the CC?
Does it fit your spending?
Do you have a plan for the bonus w/o going into debt?
Can you afford the AF?
Do you know the cards benefits? Is it worth the HP?
Message 5 of 14
enharu
Super Contributor

I'm in Los Angeles........and almost everything here pulls EX Smiley Sad

Only exceptions I can think of are Barclays and Discover.

JPMorgan Palladium (100k), AmEx Platinum (NPSL), AmEx SPG (46k), AmEx BCP (42k), Chase Sapphire Preferred (47k), Citi Prestige (31k), Citi Thank You Preferred (27k), Citi Executive AAdvantage (25k), JPMorgan Ritz-Carlton (21k), Merrill+ (15k), US Bank Cash+ (22.5k), Wells Fargo (12k), Bloomingdale’s (12.4k), Chase Freedom (5k), Discover IT (5k).
Message 6 of 14
CashOnDelivery
Established Contributor

@enharu wrote:

I wish I were back there...EX is lonely for me (1 Inq in the last 2 yrs)Smiley Sad

2010: 475 EQ 2011: 503 EQ 2012: 600 EQ2013:632 EQ
Starting Score: 634 EQ-3/13/13
Current Score: 706 EQ-8/29/13 703 EX-7/12/13 705 TU-8/9/13
Goal Score: 700

Take the myFICO Fitness Challenge
Message 7 of 14
enharu
Super Contributor

@CashOnDelivery wrote:

@enharu wrote:

I wish I were back there...EX is lonely for me (1 Inq in the last 2 yrs)Smiley Sad

Where are you at right now?
The 2 inquiries I have on EQ right now are probably the only inquiries I ever had on EQ for my entire credit history. As for Transunion I think TWC and some other utility/rental company pulled it in the past as well but that's pretty much it lol.

JPMorgan Palladium (100k), AmEx Platinum (NPSL), AmEx SPG (46k), AmEx BCP (42k), Chase Sapphire Preferred (47k), Citi Prestige (31k), Citi Thank You Preferred (27k), Citi Executive AAdvantage (25k), JPMorgan Ritz-Carlton (21k), Merrill+ (15k), US Bank Cash+ (22.5k), Wells Fargo (12k), Bloomingdale’s (12.4k), Chase Freedom (5k), Discover IT (5k).
Message 8 of 14
CashOnDelivery
Established Contributor

@enharu wrote:

@CashOnDelivery wrote:

@enharu wrote:

Where are you at right now?
The 2 inquiries I have on EQ right now are probably the only inquiries I ever had on EQ for my entire credit history. As for Transunion I think TWC and some other utility/rental company pulled it in the past as well but that's pretty much it lol.

I am in NE at the moment. EQ seems to be getting the love for me. TU has 2 in the past 2 yrs (1 falling off next month  \o/ )

2010: 475 EQ 2011: 503 EQ 2012: 600 EQ2013:632 EQ
Starting Score: 634 EQ-3/13/13
Current Score: 706 EQ-8/29/13 703 EX-7/12/13 705 TU-8/9/13
Goal Score: 700

Take the myFICO Fitness Challenge
Message 9 of 14
HiLine
Blogger

Earlier in my credit building process I got tons if inquiries on my EQ report: 1 from Target, 1 from DCU, 1 from Discover, 1 from Amex, and 3 from Chase. Then I got a lot of inquiries on TU, and yet more on EX. Experian seems to be the most common among popular credit card issuers such as Amex, Chase, Citi, and BofA. 

Message 10 of 14
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.