cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Is It good Idea to Use mY BBY Card Today??

tag
Ron1
Super Contributor

Is It good Idea to Use mY BBY Card Today??

I plan to use my BBY Card to buy MacBook Pro because it is on sale. I heard they're going to transfer into Citi. I'm afraid they might post the transaction twice or the purchase might not come through. Is it good idea to wait until next Monday? What do you think?

Ron.

Message 1 of 27
26 REPLIES 26
mxp114
Valued Contributor

Re: Is It good Idea to Use mY BBY Card Today??

Use it without worry, the system is sophisticated and the transition process happens seamlessly. No double charge risk.

Message 2 of 27
Brusilov
Established Contributor

From reading the notice I wasn't sure if it meant you could register the card on Citibank's website starting tomorrow or the 9th.  I'd probably wait until you for sure had online access through them (verify the transition went through) myself.

Message 3 of 27
Ron1
Super Contributor

I'm worried about billing error or charge denied during the transition.  I haven't heard anyone used the card lately. I know the card is still with Cap1 as of today.

Ron.

Message 4 of 27
mxp114
Valued Contributor

I called BBY/CBNA to ask and the rep said new account numbers are being issued to arrive on or before 9/9. Has anyone gotten a new account number?

Message 5 of 27
Ron1
Super Contributor

@mxp114 wrote:

I called BBY/CBNA to ask and the rep said new account numbers are being issued to arrive on or before 9/9. Has anyone gotten a new account number?

They told me the account number is going to stay the same.  

Ron.

Message 6 of 27
mxp114
Valued Contributor

Maybe just the MasterCard accounts then. He did read something off a sheet that stated new plastics and accounts to arrive on or around 9/9. Guess we will find out 9/9 if account numbers don't work lol

Message 7 of 27
Ron1
Super Contributor

@mxp114 wrote:

Maybe just the MasterCard accounts then. He did read something off a sheet that stated new plastics and accounts to arrive on or around 9/9. Guess we will find out 9/9 if account numbers don't work lol

They told me my BBY RZMC Platinum account will stay the same.  I didn't get any upgrade.

Ron.

Message 8 of 27
Peter1142
Established Contributor

Today I logged onto the Cap1 Best Buy site and I noticed it has dramatically less options in the sidebar. Request CLI for instance is gone as well as a slew of other things.

I have not seen any notice anywhere on my account about the transfer, including on the site or in my statement. I was thinking maybe it was only the MC's they are transfering and not the BB store-only cards. But I did have a balance on my account I have just payed off this month, maybe that was part of the deal, IDK.

I just hope everything goes smooth and my account doesn't wind up getting cancelled or I get a new TL on my report. The card sucks, but it is 0% UTL with no fee, and maybe Citi will be more generous.

Message 9 of 27
Ron1
Super Contributor

I just logged into my BBY RZMC. Everything was the same except making payment.  The page came up error message.

Ron.

Message 10 of 27
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.