cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Is M&T Visa Signature card best no annual fee no transaction fee visa card?

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Is M&T Visa Signature card best no annual fee no transaction fee visa card?

@SouthJamaica wrote:

@longtimelurker wrote:

@SouthJamaica wrote:

3% foreign transaction fee:

https://asset.mtb.com/documents/pdf/summary-visa-account-terms.pdf?WCMITEMID=2522

except for the bit that says: (excluding the M&T Visa® Signature Credit Card, on which no Foreign Transaction Fees are charged)

OOPS. My mistake. Sorry folks.

Remember the old "wood shed"?

Message 21 of 26
Themanwhocan
Senior Contributor

Lately I've been using my NASA card for 1.5% cash back with no foreign transaction fees. All the NASA cards are VISAs.

TU-8: 804 EX-8: 805 EQ-8: 788 EX-98: 767 EQ-04: 752    
TU-9 Bankcard: 837 EQ-9: 823 EX-9 Bankcard: 837
Total $443,800
Message 22 of 26
Subexistence
Established Contributor

@longtimelurker wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:
New information to me. The M&T Visa Signature Card has a good base with no AF, No FTF and Visa Signature Benefits (if you use them). Chase has the FU Card that is virtually the same but has an FTF. Seems today we have many 1.5% rewards cards in the market. Not sure if we can apply outside the bank's marketing/banking foot print. If anyone has info on this it would be good to know.

FU gives 1.5UR for those that use them, worth more than 1.5% But yes, for foreign transactions, this would be better

What is UR?

Starting Score: Ex08-732,Eq08-713,Tu08-717
Current Score:Ex08-795,Eq08-807,Tu08-787,EX98-761,Eq04-742
Goal Score: Ex98-760,Eq04-760

Take the myFICO Fitness Challenge

History of my credit
Message 23 of 26
Subexistence
Established Contributor

@Themanwhocan wrote:

Lately I've been using my NASA card for 1.5% cash back with no foreign transaction fees. All the NASA cards are VISAs.

Does the card have annual fees and are NASA cards exclusive to those affiliated with NASA?

Starting Score: Ex08-732,Eq08-713,Tu08-717
Current Score:Ex08-795,Eq08-807,Tu08-787,EX98-761,Eq04-742
Goal Score: Ex98-760,Eq04-760

Take the myFICO Fitness Challenge

History of my credit
Message 24 of 26
longtimelurker
Epic Contributor

@Subexistence wrote:

@longtimelurker wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:
New information to me. The M&T Visa Signature Card has a good base with no AF, No FTF and Visa Signature Benefits (if you use them). Chase has the FU Card that is virtually the same but has an FTF. Seems today we have many 1.5% rewards cards in the market. Not sure if we can apply outside the bank's marketing/banking foot print. If anyone has info on this it would be good to know.

FU gives 1.5UR for those that use them, worth more than 1.5% But yes, for foreign transactions, this would be better

What is UR?

Ultimate Rewards, the rewards system used by Chase, where UR points can be transferred to partner programs (such as United and Hyatt). But probably doesn't fit your current needs.

Message 25 of 26
longtimelurker
Epic Contributor

@Subexistence wrote:

@Themanwhocan wrote:

Does the card have annual fees and are NASA cards exclusive to those affiliated with NASA?

Anyone can join, no annual fees

Message 26 of 26
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.