cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Is Navy Federal pre-Selected CC the same as pre-approved?

tag
MountainHiker
Established Contributor

Is Navy Federal pre-Selected CC the same as pre-approved?

Today was the first time I accessed the NFCC website and noticed right away the pre-selected option button. After hitting the button I noticed I had been pre-selected for a Cash Back CC.Does this mean I was offered a Pre-approved CC? If I don't take the offer now will the it still be there one month from now?

This is all new to me. A family member earlier had been denied for a NFCC credit card but then NFCC did offer a secured card which my family member accepted. On their pre-selected they were offered the very same secured credit card. The problem which caused that person's denial appeared to have been an issue with a huge amount of inquiries. Nearly 50 inquiries to be exact. Which is a lot.

Thanks

EQ-732FICO,EX-PLUS 740,TU-725FICO
Goal 750 Across

NFCU Signature Cash Rewards Visa, Chase Freedom Visa, Wells Fargo Visa Secured
Message 1 of 14
13 REPLIES 13
MountainHiker
Established Contributor

Re: Is Navy Federal pre-Selected CC the same as pre-approved?

Any advice from the NF members?

Goal 750 Across

Message 2 of 14
MountainHiker
Established Contributor

HELPPPPP

Goal 750 Across

Message 3 of 14
Dustink
Valued Contributor

@MountainHiker wrote:

Today was the first time I accessed the NFCC website and noticed right away the pre-selected option button. After hitting the button I noticed I had been pre-selected for a Cash Back CC.Does this mean I was offered a Pre-approved CC? If I don't take the offer now will the it still be there one month from now?

This is all new to me. A family member earlier had been denied for a NFCC credit card but then NFCC did offer a secured card which my family member accepted. On their pre-selected they were offered the very same secured credit card. The problem which caused that person's denial appeared to have been an issue with a huge amount of inquiries. Nearly 50 inquiries to be exact. Which is a lot.

Thanks

I have never seen a pre-selected button for "NFCU". I would assume you are not actually referring to NFCC "National Foundation for Credit Counseling". 

A pre-selected offer is similar to a pre-approved offer, just different wording. So, yes you were pre approved.

If you are pre-approved now, and nothing gets worse. You would have no reason to get denied later on.

If you credit report is in decent shape, and you have an okay income. You should be good to go.

Good Luck!

Too many INQs & low AAoA so I'm off to tend the Garden.     Age:23    

$17k       $8.5K          Closed          $19k      $6.5k        $24.2k        Closed         $5k       Closed     $8.5k        Closed      @2.49%
Message 4 of 14
ricefed
Contributor

I've always heard that if navy shows an offer then you take it because your more than likely going to get it. When the offer popped up for me I took it and got approved for 3k with only 2 months of history and a 630 fico. If you can afford to take the inquiry and new account then go for it. I did get the 3-5 day message so if you get that don't worry.
NFCU cash rewards 10,000 -Chase Sapphire Preferred 6,900-Chase Slate 6,000- Amazon 10,000 - Walmart 10,000- lowes 12,000 - Kay jewelers 7,500 - Amex Zync NPSL - CarCare One 500
Message 5 of 14
MountainHiker
Established Contributor

@ricefed wrote:
I've always heard that if navy shows an offer then you take it because your more than likely going to get it. When the offer popped up for me I took it and got approved for 3k with only 2 months of history and a 630 fico. If you can afford to take the inquiry and new account then go for it. I did get the 3-5 day message so if you get that don't worry.

Thank you for responding.Do you have any idea how long the pre-selected offer will stay on my profile? I would like for my paid off balances the time to show up.

Goal 750 Across

Message 6 of 14
ricefed
Contributor

Not sure. When ever I get those offers it seems they are there atleast a couple weeks. But as long as your credit doesn't get worse then right now you will be fine. Navy fed is very generous and seem to give everyone a chance. Just don't ever burn them because they never forget.
NFCU cash rewards 10,000 -Chase Sapphire Preferred 6,900-Chase Slate 6,000- Amazon 10,000 - Walmart 10,000- lowes 12,000 - Kay jewelers 7,500 - Amex Zync NPSL - CarCare One 500
Message 7 of 14
j_casteel
Valued Contributor

lol at your impatience...

the offers come and go.....not a "sure thing" but you can pretty much call it that when you have a pre-selected offers from NFCU. The day I got my online access I had a pre-selected offer for the cashRewards card. I applied and was approved for a Visa siggy at $8k. 

Good luck!

Learning from my past and rebuilding..

BK discharged 1/10/17
scores: EQ 659 | TU 630 | EX 659

QS 3.8K | WF 500 | Cabela's 3k | ACU 500 |

Message 8 of 14
Creditaddict
Legendary Contributor

From my experience when it comes to Navy and "Online" screen just above your accounts when signed in to main page, those are approved... just click it.

Message 9 of 14
MountainHiker
Established Contributor

@ricefed wrote:
Not sure. When ever I get those offers it seems they are there atleast a couple weeks. But as long as your credit doesn't get worse then right now you will be fine. Navy fed is very generous and seem to give everyone a chance. Just don't ever burn them because they never forget.

Nice to know these type of offers are put out on a regular basis.I want to App but trying to guage when best to do so. I'm not a patient person and at the same time playing the waiting game can be helpfull in situations like this. I act too fast and I might get offered a small limit.

Goal 750 Across

Message 10 of 14
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.