cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Is Navy Federal pre-Selected CC the same as pre-approved?

tag
MountainHiker
Established Contributor

Re: Is Navy Federal pre-Selected CC the same as pre-approved?

@Creditaddict wrote:

From my experience when it comes to Navy and "Online" screen just above your accounts when signed in to main page, those are approved... just click it.

It is so tempting!

EQ-732FICO,EX-PLUS 740,TU-725FICO
Goal 750 Across

NFCU Signature Cash Rewards Visa, Chase Freedom Visa, Wells Fargo Visa Secured
Message 11 of 14
MountainHiker
Established Contributor

My Apping temptation seem to have solved it self. I opened the pre-selected offer just to get a better look at the details.A few minutes later left to surf another website and when I returned the offer had dissappeared. I will take that as a sign that Apping right now for a NF CC should wait till march when my collection falls off.

Goal 750 Across

Message 12 of 14
dodgeball
Established Contributor

Your over thinking this, NFCU is not your typical lender. Is your equifax score over 620 is the collection more than a year old. From my experiece this means you will be approved. I was approved with a CO and a Collection with a score of 629 for 5k. Now with a score of 692 I have two credit cards one for 10k the other for 5k and navcheck for 5k.

NFCU Cash Rewards Siggy $22k, NFCU Flagship Rewards Siggy $22K, NFCU Platinum MC $20K, USAA Amex Rewards $6k, USAA World Mastercard Rewards $6k, NFCU Navcheck $15k

Other Cards - Citibank AAdvantage, Chase Slate, Barclays Rewards,

IN THE GARDEN UNTIL APRIL 2014

NFCU FAN CLUB MEMBER #1

Chase Star Card
NFCU FAN CLUB FAN#1
Message 13 of 14
MountainHiker
Established Contributor

@dodgeball wrote:

Your over thinking this, NFCU is not your typical lender. Is your equifax score over 620 is the collection more than a year old. From my experiece this means you will be approved. I was approved with a CO and a Collection with a score of 629 for 5k. Now with a score of 692 I have two credit cards one for 10k the other for 5k and navcheck for 5k.

Thank you for your advice. It's very obvious that I am quite gun shy because of the various credit card denials experienced in the last year.I have only been approved by two credit card companies. Chase after three recons was kind enough to approve me for a $500 limit Freedom card which was amazing and allowed to me my first unsecured card since rebuilding.And my second credit card offer came from DCU and the limit was $3K. I later decided not to accept their rewards card. I felt it was the right thing to do because I got an uneasy feeling while communicating with their customer service department. So at this point I probably am over thinking this whole process of attaining credit cards due to past bad experiences.

Goal 750 Across

Message 14 of 14
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.