cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Is NavyFed fraud detection kind of dumb?...

Auto Loans for ANY Credit Situation. Immediate Response.
Advertiser disclosure
Regular Contributor

Is NavyFed fraud detection kind of dumb?...

I made two back to back transactions at a restaurant and it got flagged for fraud. I answered their text asking if I made the transaction and I still wasn't able to process the second transaction. And then I had to call in to get everything taken care of. This has happened twice. I'm slightly annoyed with them now.

Message 1 of 3
2 REPLIES 2
Established Contributor

Re: Is NavyFed fraud detection kind of dumb?...

Not really. Restaurants will generally run a tab that they will put your food and drink on. Then when you are done they will charge the card in full. This is what is tripping up NFCU as people do not normally have two tabs in the same day at roughly the same time. In fact I have only had two charges from one restaurant in a day once in my life. I still made sure to space them with a full meal apart and Chase knew me so they approved both. I suggest looking into your existing reputation and habits for suspicious behavior.

TU:795 10/08/18 Synchrony--EX: 758 10/26/18 Discover--EQ:810 09/25/18 Citi--Gardening since 10/15/18
Active:
Bank of America (Bankamericard M, Better Balance Rewards M, Cash Rewards VS), Blispay V, Capital One Quicksilver VSC, Chase(AARP VSC, Amazon Prime VSC, Freedom VSC), Citi Dividend M, Citizens GreenSense M, Discover It, FedEx Employee Credit Association V(Pending Close?), FNBO Ducks Unlimited VS, PenFed Platinum Rewards VSC, Synchrony Bank(PayPal Credit, PayPal 2% Cashback M, Walmart M), US Bank Cash+ VS
Wishlist: Barclaycard Uber, Bellco Colorado Rewards, EBates, Marvel, Nusenda Platinum Cash Rewards, PenFed Pathfinder, Security Service Power Travel Rewards, UMB Bank Simply Rewards, Vantage West Connect Rewards, Wells Fargo Propel
Message 2 of 3

Re: Is NavyFed fraud detection kind of dumb?...

@squarebasketball wrote:

I made two back to back transactions at a restaurant and it got flagged for fraud. I answered their text asking if I made the transaction and I still wasn't able to process the second transaction. And then I had to call in to get everything taken care of. This has happened twice. I'm slightly annoyed with them now.

I would give them a call to see what is going on and if they can help out. 

Message 3 of 3
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.