cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Is PayPal credit becoming Paypal Smart connect?

tag
CreditCuriosity
Moderator Emeritus

Is PayPal credit becoming Paypal Smart connect?

As subject says is PayPal Credit becming PayPal Smart connect?  I am looking at some of my recent stuff I have sent and it shows it as smart connect and not as paypal credit.  I don't have smart connect.  I know alot of people are being upgraded from Smart connect to the MC from Syncrony.  Wondering if this is why?  I know Paypal credit is Comenity, but curious if possibly sync is acquiring the portfolio in the near future?  Has anyone else noticed this that uses paypal credit?

Message 1 of 6
5 REPLIES 5
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Is PayPal credit becoming Paypal Smart connect?

@CreditCuriousity wrote:

As subject says is PayPal Credit becming PayPal Smart connect?  I am looking at some of my recent stuff I have sent and it shows it as smart connect and not as paypal credit.  I don't have smart connect.  I know alot of people are being upgraded from Smart connect to the MC from Syncrony.  Wondering if this is why?  I know Paypal credit is Comenity, but curious if possibly sync is acquiring the portfolio in the near future?  Has anyone else noticed this that uses paypal credit?

I haven't but then I don't look that closely.  Where are you seeing Smart Connect?

Message 2 of 6
CreditCuriosity
Moderator Emeritus

@Anonymous wrote:

@CreditCuriousity wrote:

I haven't but then I don't look that closely.  Where are you seeing Smart Connect?

This was a payment I sent for something through PayPal Credit Just yesterday...Either a bug on their site or something is going on as I dont have smart connect associated with this paypal account just BML..  Other account has the Mastercard 

Capture.png

Message 3 of 6
Anonymous
Not applicable

@CreditCuriousity wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

@CreditCuriousity wrote:

This was a payment I sent for something through PayPal Credit Just yesterday...Either a bug on their site or something is going on as I dont have smart connect associated with this paypal account just BML..  Other account has the Mastercard 

Capture.png

Hmmm, I just made a payment so I'll keep an eye out for how it posts.

Message 4 of 6
Loquat
Moderator Emeritus

I'll have to keep an eye out as well...I'd be okay with Synch taking over.  The only downside is that it probably wouldn't be a hidden TL anymore...and I'd be okay with that too. At least with Synch I'd be able to get a useful limit and not have to play the "spend over your available credit" in hopes of getting an increase.  

Message 5 of 6
CreditCuriosity
Moderator Emeritus

@Loquat wrote:

I'll have to keep an eye out as well...I'd be okay with Synch taking over.  The only downside is that it probably wouldn't be a hidden TL anymore...and I'd be okay with that too. At least with Synch I'd be able to get a useful limit and not have to play the "spend over your available credit" in hopes of getting an increase.  

Ya the hidden TL being gone would be a bummer if Sync was to take over, but on the flip side it would have a higher CL..  I prefer the hidden TL, but see if this is just a glitch or possibly happening.

Message 6 of 6
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.