cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Is PayPal credit the same as Bill me later?

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Is PayPal credit the same as Bill me later?

@CreditCuriousity wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

@CreditCuriousity wrote:

Would love a hidden TL, but think I will just pay with a rewards card after thinking it over and just pay cash for the 1400-1500 i need for the new computer...  If I didn't have 8 pulls and only had 3 on EQ I would, but 2k CL isn't worth the HP for me..  I am torn, but just don't think it is worth it.  If it was TU I would be all over it.

@Anonymous,

With Paypal, keep in mind the only way to get a CLI is to go over the limit.  I was buying something on ebay for $50 and applied.  I got approved for $1,800. Yep,$1,800..  I have been abusing the line a llittle since LOL.. I bought a treadmill for around 2,500, got approved and then later cancelled the order.  So now my limit is around the $2,500..  Now I like having it so don't rule it out...

Lol had to throw in the return lol.. Did they do another HP for the CLI since you went over your limit or a SP?  Also lets say I get a crappy 750 limit and my purchase is 1500 how would the other 750 be taken care of?  My backup fund aka bank account or CC and it would max out my PayPal Credit account?

Just wondering since I am seeing the paypal popup for paypal credit everytime I login are they saying please take me as your are going to be approved or advertisement, never use to show up...  Also I have a business paypal account, does that matter as it is under my company name, not my personal name.  Granted If I apply it will be under my personal credit.. dang you Yes-its-me, making me thing again!

Thats my job to make you rack your brainSmiley TongueSmiley Tongue  Ok..Ok, when I went over board, it was a SP as I didn't get an alert.  But I have also heard instances where if they don't approve the over the limit amount, they take it from your checking account....  But think it through.  Don't let me change your mind Smiley Happy

@Anonymous, by the way I can't seem to post in the business section so does that been I have ahemmmm.. being banned /banished from there?  I was trying to give someone the backdoor number link and it won't let me post.  I think I have been on my best behaviour... Oh well..

Message 21 of 39
CreditCuriosity
Moderator Emeritus

Hmmm never tried to post in that section of forum...  Send a PM to mod and ask?  

Message 22 of 39
Anonymous
Not applicable

@CreditCuriousity wrote:

@Anonymous,

I don't think any of them are online LOLSmiley Surprised Already then..

UPDATE:  It was a lithium issue and here I thought I was banned. Now let go prowl the threadsSmiley Tongue

Message 23 of 39
DeadlyPersona
Frequent Contributor

LOL @ Yes-Its Me being banned....SMH Smiley Very Happy  stop being naughty.

Message 24 of 39
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:

@CreditCuriousity wrote:

@Anonymous,

UPDATE:  It was a lithium issue and here I thought I was banned. Now let go prowl the threadsSmiley Tongue

We are working on an entire site ban for you,  not just one little section.  If you're going to go down, go down big

Message 25 of 39
Anonymous
Not applicable

@DeadlyPersona wrote:

@Anonymous @ Yes-Its Me being banned....SMH Smiley Very Happy  stop being naughty.

Ha...ha.. I thought I was when I couldn't post in thr Biz section LOL. It was a different issueSmiley Happy

Message 26 of 39
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

@CreditCuriousity wrote:

@Anonymous,

We are working on an entire site ban for you,  not just one little section.  If you're going to go down, go down big

he..he..heSmiley TongueSmiley Tongue

Message 27 of 39
Anonymous
Not applicable

I'm way late to this thread, but PayPal's credit product is now through Synchrony bank and not Comenity Bank.

Message 28 of 39
chalupaman
Super Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

I'm way late to this thread, but PayPal's credit product is now through Synchrony bank and not Comenity Bank.

Not exactly. You're confusing Paypal Smart Connect and Paypal Extras with what we're talking about which is Paypal Credit (Formerly BillMeLater).

Tradelines: Macy’s - $18k, Penfed Power Cash Rewards - $10k, Ethan Allen (TD Bank) - $5.7k, Kay Jewelers - $5.5k, Appliances Connection - $5.3k, Jared - $5.25k, Best Buy (Citi) - $5k, Dell Preferred Account - $3.5k, Samsung - $3.2k, Firestone CFNA - $3.2k, Capital One Platinum - $3k, Mercury MC - $2.25k, Williams Sonoma - $2.1k, Wayfair (Fortiva) - $2k, Amazon Store Card - $1.8k, Apple Card - $1.7k, NFCU cashRewards - $1.5k, CareCredit - $1.5k, B&H Photo - $1.5k, Adorama - $1.25k, Ebay MC - $1k, Sam’s Club MC - $1k, American Eagle - $1k, Ollo MC - $600, Mission Lane Visa - $500, NY & Company - $500, Walgreens - $500, Home Depot - $500, Target RED Card - $500, CapOne Secured MC 0 AF - $500, Penfed Overdraft LOC - $500

Current FICOS: Mid 640s-50s on all reports, Ch 7 BK D/C Aug 2019
Starting scores: EX - 534, EQ - 574, TU - 516 | Total TLs: $91k approx | Total Utilization: 17%, getting this back down
Message 29 of 39
Anonymous
Not applicable

@chalupaman wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

Not exactly. You're confusing Paypal Smart Connect and Paypal Extras with what we're talking about which is Paypal Credit (Formerly BillMeLater).

+1.. I have it and it is through Comenity.

Message 30 of 39
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.