cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Is Sync moving away from giving FICO scores?

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Is Lowes/Sync moving away from giving FICO scores?

@Anonymous wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

Just heads up, Fico 8 will be retired, becuase there are new FICO 9 and it'll replace FICO 8 starting in 2020

This is an absurd statement. FICO score models in use are up to the lender, they can’t be forced to use another model that doesn’t fit their needs. With how many custom scores FICO offers creditors for their own needs, I can’t see them ever saying “hey, you can’t use that score model anymore,” and in fact we have seen NFCU use the TU FICO 98 model earlier this year for a CLI denial. 

I'm not sure what IG means exactly above.  I'm not sure if he's making a blanket statement that Fico 8 is going away completely across the credit landscape (absurd statement, agreed) OR if he's simply stating that Synchrony is "retiring" the use of Fico 8 and replacing it with Fico 9.  If that's the claim, as FinStar asked above, I'd like to see a source linked.

Message 21 of 151
Jnbmom
Credit Mentor

@Anonymous wrote:

@Jnbmom wrote:

I am not sure if you know the trick for a real time score,  you just un enroll and they re enroll, instant updated scoreSmiley Happy

Enroll and then re-enroll in what exactly?  I don't follow.

@Anonymous 

When you view your fico score, scroll down to the bottom of the page and click "un enroll", then you can turn right back around and re enroll and it will give you real time scoreSmiley Happy

EXP 780 EQ 791TU 795
Message 22 of 151
FlaDude
Established Contributor

It worked for me, but you do lose the history from the graph that shows your score across time.

Scores: March 21 FICO 8: EX 810, TU 808, EQ 813
AoOA: closed: 36 years, open: 25 years; AAoA: 11.8 years
Amex Gold, Amex Green, Amex Blue, Amex ED, Amex Delta Gold, Amex Hilton Surpass, BoA Platinum Plus, Chase Freedom Unlimited, Chase Amazon, Chase CSP, Chase United Explorer, Citi AA Plat, Sync Lowes, Sync JC Penney - total CL 145k
Loans: Chase car loan (35k/6yrs 0.9%)
Message 23 of 151
Medic981
Valued Contributor

AmazonAmazon

CareCareCareCare

ConocoConoco

Your FICO credit scores are not just numbers, it’s a skill.
Message 24 of 151
BallBounces
Valued Contributor

@FlaDude wrote:

It worked for me, but you do lose the history from the graph that shows your score across time.

On some of mine at least, the history comes back. (Amazon I think?). But you have probably saved the history in a spreadsheet right?

050719:     
021924:     

FICO 08 scores listed and are stagnated until multiple derogatory items expire over the next two years.
Message 25 of 151
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Jnbmom wrote:

When you view your fico score, scroll down to the bottom of the page and click "un enroll", then you can turn right back around and re enroll and it will give you real time scoreSmiley Happy

Good information, thanks for that.  I didn't realize that I ever "enrolled" in the first place.

Message 26 of 151
Anonymous
Not applicable

My PPMC shows updates 8/6/19.

Message 27 of 151
FlaDude
Established Contributor

@BallBounces wrote:

@FlaDude wrote:

On some of mine at least, the history comes back. (Amazon I think?). But you have probably saved the history in a spreadsheet right?

Yes, I have the past values saved, and also have another non-Sync card that gives TU F8 in any case.

Scores: March 21 FICO 8: EX 810, TU 808, EQ 813
AoOA: closed: 36 years, open: 25 years; AAoA: 11.8 years
Amex Gold, Amex Green, Amex Blue, Amex ED, Amex Delta Gold, Amex Hilton Surpass, BoA Platinum Plus, Chase Freedom Unlimited, Chase Amazon, Chase CSP, Chase United Explorer, Citi AA Plat, Sync Lowes, Sync JC Penney - total CL 145k
Loans: Chase car loan (35k/6yrs 0.9%)
Message 28 of 151
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

Just heads up, Fico 8 will be retired, becuase there are new FICO 9 and it'll replace FICO 8 starting in 2020

This is an absurd statement. FICO score models in use are up to the lender, they can’t be forced to use another model that doesn’t fit their needs. With how many custom scores FICO offers creditors for their own needs, I can’t see them ever saying “hey, you can’t use that score model anymore,” and in fact we have seen NFCU use the TU FICO 98 model earlier this year for a CLI denial. 

I'm not sure what IG means exactly above.  I'm not sure if he's making a blanket statement that Fico 8 is going away completely across the credit landscape (absurd statement, agreed) OR if he's simply stating that Synchrony is "retiring" the use of Fico 8 and replacing it with Fico 9.  If that's the claim, as FinStar asked above, I'd like to see a source linked.

I havent found anything online...yet.

@IrishGuy77, can you elaborate or provide source please?

Message 29 of 151
itsxluigi
New Contributor

My Lowes and Amazon are both showing updated on 8/6/19. 

Message 30 of 151
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.