cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Is Sync moving away from giving FICO scores?

tag
iv
Valued Contributor

Re: Is Lowes/Sync moving away from giving FICO scores?

@gdale6 wrote:

If someone isnt using such a score they should be banned from publishing it to the public, going to be contacting my US reps and make such a suggestion.

Sounds backwards to me.

How about requiring that if a lender DOES use a score, they MUST make it available to the borrower?

I think that'd be a much better target, personally.

EQ8:850 TU8:850 EX8:850
EQ9:847 TU9:847 EX9:839
EQ5:797 TU4:807 EX2:813 - 2021-06-06
Message 31 of 151
FireMedic1
Community Leader
Mega Contributor

PP MC switches to Vantage 4.0 from FICO

Logged in this morning. Clicked on check your score and was greeted with the we are downgrading to Vantage Score 4.0. Just yesterday saw my FICO score before the CLI.  So long FICO. Oh Well. Least Disco still has it. Wish I screenshot it before accepting. You'll see it. Smiley Mad

Message 32 of 151
Jnbmom
Credit Mentor

Re: PP MC switches to Vantage 4.0 from FICO

Yup just checked mine😠 Well that stinks, I bet all synch accounts are doing that. My 4.0 Vantage is 777 whatever they hck that is supposed to mean lol.

EXP 780 EQ 791TU 795
Message 33 of 151
Anonymous
Not applicable

Too bad they don't use vantage scores since my TU vantage score is considerably higher than my TU FICO atm. I don't think I'll ever get in with Synchrony. And I've never burned them. They've just never liked my profile, even when it look good 😒
Message 34 of 151
FireMedic1
Community Leader
Mega Contributor

@Jnbmom wrote:

Yup just checked mine😠 Well that stinks, I bet all synch accounts are doing that. My 4.0 Vantage is 777 whatever they hck that is supposed to mean lol.

LOL! Right !?! Also I used Google Pay yesterday at the grocery store with my PP MC and it came out of my checking account? Are you kidding me? 5 calls to find out why my checking was decucted 100.00 for a $79 bill. PP MC deleted from Google Pay now. Dag Gummit!

Message 35 of 151
Queen_Etherea
Valued Contributor

Came on here to say this, but saw your post. Here's a screen grab of what I saw when I logged in... 

I really hope they don't use these for credit decisions because my Vantage Scores are lower than my FICO. 

I think I've found the sacred map that may lead me to this garden everyone keeps talking about.

Officially collection free as of 3/19/19!!
STARTING SCORES: 377 (11/2013) & 580 (3/2018)
Message 36 of 151
FireMedic1
Community Leader
Mega Contributor

@Queen_Etherea wrote:

Came on here to say this, but saw your post. Here's a screen grab of what I saw when I logged in... 

I really hope they don't use these for credit decisions because my Vantage Scores are lower than my FICO. 

Thanks for the screenshot Queen. I was so shocked I passed it up! LOL!!!!!!!

Message 37 of 151
Anonymous
Not applicable

I’m okay with this. My VS are 702 with TU, 707 with EQ. I still get TU free from Disco so it’s not much of a loss. 

I think we’ll be seeing Vantage around a lot more. There are a few lenders like BBVA who use Vantage as part of their UW. 

Message 38 of 151
FireMedic1
Community Leader
Mega Contributor

As I said. Least Disco is keeping it. For now I hope.  FICO 745, Now Vantage 729? Smiley Tongue

vantyage.JPG

Message 39 of 151
Queen_Etherea
Valued Contributor

@FireMedic1 wrote:

@Queen_Etherea wrote:

Thanks for the screenshot Queen. I was so shocked I passed it up! LOL!!!!!!!

You're welcome! I'm a screenshotaholic. You don't even want to know how many screenshots I have in my phone that just sit there, completely unused lol. 

I think I've found the sacred map that may lead me to this garden everyone keeps talking about.

Officially collection free as of 3/19/19!!
STARTING SCORES: 377 (11/2013) & 580 (3/2018)
Message 40 of 151
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.