cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Is TD Bank and Target TD Credit card the same company?

tag
butterpecan
Frequent Contributor

Is TD Bank and Target TD Credit card the same company?

Are these the same banks? 

Message 1 of 12
11 REPLIES 11
Horseshoez
Senior Contributor

Re: Is TD Bank and Target TD Credit card the same company?

@butterpecan wrote:

As I understand it, yes, but with very different underwriting rules for the credit cards.

I categorically refuse to do AZEO!
Message 2 of 12
M_Smart007
Legendary Contributor

@butterpecan wrote:

Yes, same bank (conservative)

Message 3 of 12
butterpecan
Frequent Contributor

Ok, thought so...thank you!

Message 4 of 12
Horseshoez
Senior Contributor

@M_Smart007 wrote:

@butterpecan wrote:

Conservative in what way?

Message 5 of 12
Adkins
Legendary Contributor

@Horseshoez wrote:

@M_Smart007 wrote:

@butterpecan wrote:

Credit limits 

Last HP 08-07-2023

Message 6 of 12
Horseshoez
Senior Contributor

@Adkins wrote:

@Horseshoez wrote:

@M_Smart007 wrote:

@butterpecan wrote:

Credit limits 

Interesting, I've had my TDCash card for less than three years (got it after my Chapter 13 discharge), it started as a secured card, graduated after 6-months, and now has a limit of $11,500; doesn't sound terribly conservative to me.

Message 7 of 12
CreditCuriosity
Moderator Emeritus

@Horseshoez wrote:

@Adkins wrote:

@Horseshoez wrote:

@M_Smart007 wrote:

@butterpecan wrote:

Credit limits 

Interesting, I've had my TDCash card for less than three years (got it after my Chapter 13 discharge), it started as a secured card, graduated after 6-months, and now has a limit of $11,500; doesn't sound terribly conservative to me.

Just conservative relative to profiles/incomes on this forum.  Example I would say my average CL is around 20k give or take and most started me out at that amount where higher end credit lines are 50k range.  Think as you commented in approval thread I got it approx 3 months ago for 6k approval which compared to my others is definitely on lower end for my scores/income.   With that said likely it will grow with time, but why not throw a bit more at people out of the gate to encourage them to use as a primary driver as surely all CC's want swipe fees or one to carry balances.  Appears they just don't want to compete in the high credit line range as there are many people on here that will swipe for 10-20k charge and not bat an eye which shows obvious concerns with this card, but I suppose if you had that kinda income maybe they would reconsider and try to get you in their wealth management or similar.   I actually considered myself lucky on approval of 6k from other datapoints as could of been a denial or one of their 500 approvals that they are known for as well.  What I do find interesting is I still use the card for aroudn 500 / month even after getting the bonus when I have other cards that beat it even for those charges in hopes of getting a CL bump.  Not a ton of spend on it, but enough to hopefully enough to get some little love in future without a HP

Message 8 of 12
Horseshoez
Senior Contributor

@CreditCuriosity, I guess I'm something of an anomaly on this forum as I don't ever see myself having more than six or seven cards and given I PIF my cards every month, I already have more credit limit than I'm likely to ever use.  I am now three years post-discharge of my Chapter 13 and one year after the bankruptcy fell off my reports, my two highest limit cards are my CSP and TDCash cards, with limits of $11,700 and $11,500 respectively; where they'll be a year from now is anybody's guess.  Smiley Happy

Message 9 of 12
CreditCuriosity
Moderator Emeritus

@Horseshoez wrote:

@CreditCuriosity, I guess I'm something of an anomaly on this forum as I don't ever see myself having more than six or seven cards and given I PIF my cards every month, I already have more credit limit than I'm likely to ever use.  I am now three years post-discharge of my Chapter 13 and one year after the bankruptcy fell off my reports, my two highest limit cards are my CSP and TDCash cards, with limits of $11,700 and $11,500 respectively; where they'll be a year from now is anybody's guess.  Smiley Happy

I agree with what you are saying something to say about simplicity.  Although lets say someoone makes 500k/yr income a 5-10k CL will not cut it especially on vacation spend and similiar as one doesn't want to pay multiple times during a vacation to free up CL.  Just an example.  They just need to compete a bit more is all I am saying or they likely can be no one goto card for higher income earners.  With that said alot on this forum do chase high CL cards and many of them I would say I am one of those to an extent although I certainly can get higher CL's on many of cards I have, but when they reach 20k I am happy.  I will likely purge approx 10 of my cards this year as tons of overlap and the ones that will survive are the ones with decent CL's, decent APR's (which only a few still have due to rate increases) and of course rewards and no overlapping or at least overlapping as possible

Message 10 of 12
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.