cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Is There Anyone Out There Who Hasn't Had Adverse Action...

tag
CruisinCindy
Established Member

Re: Is There Anyone Out There Who Hasn't Had Adverse Action...

1.) credit limit decrease-----Yes all three cc's with CL over 10K to 5K approx. BOA and 2 Chase cards

2.) account closed for misbehaving ---NO 

3.) account closed from lack of use---Yep, they closed my Amazon/Chase card that I had not used in over two yrs 

4.) APR went up----BOS is the same, Chase went up when they went up on everyone

5.) an unwanted "upgrade"----NO.

6.) any change in the way your CC reports to CRAs-----No one small baddie, but other than that just no using them and paying them down.Smiley Sad

Starting Score: TransUn 681 Equifax 704 Mar'10
Current Score: TransUn 731 Equifax 704 Aug'11

TU 736 EQ 704 EQ 686 May12 pulled by LO Goal Score: 850

Take the FICO Fitness Challenge
Message 21 of 27
BungalowMo
Senior Contributor

@fused wrote:

taken against them by a bank or a CCC?

When I say AA, it can include any of the following:

1.) credit limit decrease  No

2.) account closed for misbehaving No

3.) account closed from lack of use  No

4.) APR went up  No

5.) an unwanted "upgrade"  No

6.) any change in the way your CC reports to CRAs  No

I'm sure there are more AAs that have been taken against most of us, but these seem to be the most common ones.

If you're a person that has not had AA taken against you, please share your situation with the rest of us.

What are your FICO scores? TU - 728  EQ - 682  *I forgot to pay 3 cards by statement close!  Dropped my TU by 25!!  Paid now & waiting for them to update around 11 thru 15

Are your reports clean, a little dirty, or very dirty? If a little dirty or worse, what are your negatives and how old are they? Paid or unpaid? Right now...only neg on these 2 is a 90 day late on Sallie Mae from Oct. 04

How long is your credit history? TU - 12 yr 9 mos  AAoA - 5 yrs  EQ - 12 y 9 mo  AAoA 3 yrs

What is your overall and individual CC utilization?  Ballpark right now, about 25% total.  3 cc's with 0 bal, 1 with 10%, 1 w/ about 30% <--- 0% int.

Have you apped for CCs or other loans in the last year? If so, how many times? How many inqs in the last 12 months? From Last July forward, apped for Chase BP visa, Lowes & Nationwide.  TU 1 Inq & EQ 2 inq

I fully expect to find no more than 10 forum members that have had no AA taken against them.Smiley Very Happy 

Discuss!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

BK 7 discharge 06.24.2020 No Fico score at all. Smiley Sad
Message 22 of 27
ma_fico
Regular Contributor

@fused wrote:

taken against them by a bank or a CCC?

When I say AA, it can include any of the following:

1.) credit limit decrease  NO

2.) account closed for misbehaving  NO

3.) account closed from lack of use  NO

4.) APR went up  NO

5.) an unwanted "upgrade"  NO  (A couple recently went "sig" but I don't mind)

6.) any change in the way your CC reports to CRAs  NO (except Macy's but that happened to every cardholder, not AA)

I don't consider Elan's incompetent reporting of my former Associated acct as a "new" acct to be AA - just incompetence - again it's happening to all those cardholders.

I'm sure there are more AAs that have been taken against most of us, but these seem to be the most common ones.

If you're a person that has not had AA taken against you, please share your situation with the rest of us.

What are your FICO scores? 

High 700s - was 800 until Elan gave me an unexpected "new" acct

Are your reports clean, a little dirty, or very dirty? If a little dirty or worse, what are your negatives and how old are they? Paid or unpaid?

Perfectly clean

How long is your credit history?

22+

What is your overall and individual CC utilization?

~7%

Have you apped for CCs or other loans in the last year? If so, how many times? How many inqs in the last 12 months?

3 inqs:  2/EX, 1/EQ  (new accts Schwab (2 inqs - one on each) Costco - 2nd EX) - plus no inq ING LOC, plus no inq, incorrectly reported "new" Elan.

I fully expect to find no more than 10 forum members that have had no AA taken against them.Smiley Very Happy 

Discuss!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I've been fortunate - no Citi "fees," no clds, no closures, no rate hikes.  I'm laying low now - wasn't even tempted to pull the trigger on a pre-approved 5-figure Nationwide offer.

Message 23 of 27
Remlock

Not yet, but I live in constant fear.

We're very fortunate (knock wood).  We have zero consumer debt, our mortgage is prepaid by years, and the only other debt we hold is one car note we maintain that's prepaid by three years with a $50 payoff solely for the benefit it provides to us as an item that's guaranteed to continue reporting as a positive and another car note we've prepaid by some 18 months to date on a second vehicle for which we receive a monthly stipend that covers about 85% of its monthly payment.  The biggest irony is the first car note reports its original payment ($400) in terms of cash flow despite owing only $50.   We live a conservative, if not frugal, lifestyle that's well below our means and are fortunate enough to be able to aggressively.

We have total of eight credit cards, five "majors" and three department stores, with an aggregate $135,000 limit, and our primary concern is that our credit limits may be reduced because we simply don't owe or buy enough to maintain any kind of reasonable balance.  We try to leave about $50 on each card every month and we actually subscribe to the various fee-based "preferred" options with the express hope that doing so could make each card less subject to summary cancellation.

I've already shifted from the bank's elegant and convenient automated bill payment system from using credit cards to pay as much of everything we can, from utilities to insurance, by credit card solely for the purpose of generating use that I can eventually allow to accrue to sustainable balances that would at least generate enough in finance charges to make them worthwhile to the bank to maintain.  It certainly doesn't make sense from a true dollars and cents perspective, but we perceive the access to credit (particularly from an additional safety net perspective) and the positive effect upon maintaining our credit profile to be items of value to us for which, like any other kind of insurance, come with a cost we can choose to either buy or not.

I have no problems with the banks seeking to put their houses in order.  Hell, we need them to, and too-lose credit has been a cancer upon America's individual and national economic well-being since long before the markets collapsed and the veneer of well-being was stripped away.  And like anything else, why on earth would it be reasonable to expect banks to continue bearing the ongoing cost and exposure of maintaining these accounts if they're not generating sufficient revenue and the reserves required to back them could be invested more productively elsewhere.

However, I wish banks would simply work with cardholders and customers who aren't delinquent and whose credit continues to be solid and provide them the opportunity to perhaps pay an ongoing maintenance fee or at least advance notice that might allow customers a chance to proactively minimize the collateral damage to FICO scores rather than dumping the outcomes in customers' laps and causing them to clean-up a mess after the fact that may have otherwise been avoided (or at least minimized).  I know that's a lot of hand-holding to ask and it probably wouldn't and couldn't come without a cost attached.  But given the amount of time, energy and even money many people dedicate toward building and maintaining credit histories, particularly with the additional costs that can result from unexpected summary limit reductions or account closings, it doesn't seem unreasonable to ask.

Until banks adopt such a forward-looking perspective through a customer-focused lens, I suppose we all can only do the best we can.

Starting Score: Lower than it is
Current Score: Not as high as I'd like
Goal Score: Higher than it is today

Take the FICO Fitness Challenge
Message 24 of 27
Anonymous
Not applicable

macy's

- CLD for 1 past due date.

- not reporting CL

sam's (GEMB)

- CLD for no reason other than they said my shopping history did not warrant a $300 CL... it is now down to a $100 CL. I never carried a balance on this card.

Tribute

- closed my account for no reason... it was later reinstated after i called but then a month later i closed it b/c they sucked.

Message 25 of 27
fused
Moderator Emeritus

A $100 CL, shame on Gemb!!!!!!!!!Smiley Mad

Message 26 of 27
Anonymous
Not applicable

@fused wrote:

A $100 CL, shame on Gemb!!!!!!!!!Smiley Mad

tell me about it.

Message 27 of 27
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.