cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Is This A Joke Capital One? Because I'm Not Laughing...

tag
Queen_Etherea
Valued Contributor

Re: Is This A Joke Capital One? Because I'm Not Laughing...

@Anonymous wrote:

I have a Quicksilver, formerly Platinum, that will graduate to $500 this month or next month. I haven't used it since I got the PayPal. 2% with a limit I don't have to babysit to make sure I'm not over beats 1.5%

As soon as it hits $500 I'm freezing it and sock-drawering it. If they close it in a year or 20 years makes no difference to me. 

Ok I think I need to stop living in denial and just sock drawer it, or close it. Thank you guys for the much needed therapy session and tough love. 

I think I've found the sacred map that may lead me to this garden everyone keeps talking about.

Officially collection free as of 3/19/19!!
STARTING SCORES: 377 (11/2013) & 580 (3/2018)
Message 11 of 38
M_Smart007
Legendary Contributor

@Queen_Etherea wrote:

So I've had this card for 2 years and have been stuck at a $500 limit. I've tried constantly to get a CLI on this stupid card, and Captial One just never wanted to budge. So once again, I tried my luck and was shocked when I got a different pop up other than the "It's not us, it's you and we'll tell you why in a letter." At first, I thought they were offering me a $600 increase, but then I looked again and noticed NOPE! We're going to increase your account to $600 because we're just that nice. I didn't accept the offer, but if I keep spending on this card, which I've been doing lately, do you guys think I'll get a better offer? 

Generous Souls  .. $100Smiley Tongue

Message 12 of 38
Anonymous
Not applicable

I hate those $100 CLI! I got 4 of them in a row on my now CLOSED Cap One QS1! Smiley Very Happy

Message 13 of 38
Anonymous
Not applicable

I’m close to hitting 6 months since my last CLI. I got 500, I’m hoping to get a bit higher of an increase the next go around
Message 14 of 38
randomguy1
Valued Contributor

Capital One and buckets...

20% is not a bad increase though... It's just a small increase since the initial CL was not good.

Message 15 of 38
Anonymous
Not applicable

The did the same to me after 1 year. Offered me a $100 increase. Ridiculous.
Message 16 of 38
Anonymous
Not applicable

@NRB525 wrote:

Congrats on your awesome score increase. 

An advantage with a $500 limit card, it is easy to max it out when playing with scores in the "Understanding FICO Scoring" forum. I used my secured SDFCU $500 card for that. Smiley Happy

Can you elaborate on what you mean?

Message 17 of 38
KLEXH25
Valued Contributor

When it became clear to me that my Platinum turn Quicksilver card was bucketed and that I’d likely never get past my $500 limit, I gave up and closed it. It was hard since it was my first card, and I considered sock drawering it, but I just didn’t want to worry or even think about it. It was like pulling off a bandaid and now I don’t even think about it.

Message 18 of 38
Brian_Earl_Spilner
Credit Mentor

@Anonymous wrote:

@NRB525 wrote:

Congrats on your awesome score increase. 

An advantage with a $500 limit card, it is easy to max it out when playing with scores in the "Understanding FICO Scoring" forum. I used my secured SDFCU $500 card for that. Smiley Happy

Can you elaborate on what you mean?

You can use the small limit to help look at scoring changes with things like utilization thresholds or number of cards carrying a balance, etc. You wouldn't want to take a $10k limit card to 90% utilization.

Message 19 of 38
Brian_Earl_Spilner
Credit Mentor

You have to put a lot of spend on it. After I cycled my cards 3x for 3 months, I finally got decent CLIs in comparison to my $300 limits. I only stopped trying to grow them because I started getting cards with better rewards.

Message 20 of 38
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.