Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Is This Normal For Discover ?

tag
ScoreOrBeScored
Valued Contributor

Is This Normal For Discover ?

I haven't used my discover in a couple months and my 0% APR ends 6/19/16

My stsement cuts the  19th of each month. So In March I made a $309 purchase.(and purchase had posted and wasn't pending)

so this morning I was ready to make a payment but when I logged in, it didn't have a min 

payment due. It's saying that my next statement closing date is April 19, 2016. 

I got on chat and asked about it. Rep thanked me for being proactive and paying attention

to my account and said since I haven't had a statement since January 2016 

I want have one for March and my next statement will be April 19, 2016.  

Im just kind of puzzled and feel obligated to pay at least $100 just in case there is some type 

of system glitch just so I'm covered. Has this ever happened to anyone else before ? 

Message 1 of 16
15 REPLIES 15
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Is This Normal For Discover ?

It's normal. Purchases can take a few days to over a week to post, if it falls outside the statement dates, it will go on the next statements.

Message 2 of 16
SnowBowl
Frequent Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

It's normal. Purchases can take a few days to over a week to post, if it falls outside the statement dates, it will go on the next statements.

which can be useful if you are playing the UTIL game Smiley Happy

on this date 1-22-24 all 3 bureaus are currently frozen until 1-22-26
VantageScore 3.0 EQ 753
Message 3 of 16
Anonymous
Not applicable

If I'm understanding you OP, you didn't have a statement in February or March?  Your statement dates were 1/19 and then planned 4/19?  No.. that is not normal to the best of my knowledge.  Even without usage your account should statement every month.

Message 4 of 16
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:

If I'm understanding you OP, you didn't have a statement in February or March?  Your statement dates were 1/19 and then planned 4/19?  No.. that is not normal to the best of my knowledge.  Even without usage your account should statement every month.

+1

Message 5 of 16
baller4life
Super Contributor

Not normal at all. You should be having a statement cut monthly regardless of usage. Leave it to Score to be abnormal. Smiley LOL
Message 6 of 16
ScoreOrBeScored
Valued Contributor

@baller4life wrote:
Not normal at all. You should be having a statement cut monthly regardless of usage. Leave it to Score to be abnormal. Smiley LOL

If I wasn't mistaking, I think your jealous of me. 

Message 7 of 16
ScoreOrBeScored
Valued Contributor

Yes baller I'm special, true. Lol off topic but baller I have 49 swipes on premier and it don't close til 4/4/16. So plenty of time for 

30 more swipes lol

Message 8 of 16
baller4life
Super Contributor

Smiley Very HappySmiley Very Happy
Message 9 of 16
Anonymous
Not applicable

Normal behavior for Discover. If there is no spend and the account has a $0 balance they don't generate a statement.
Message 10 of 16
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.