cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Is amazon synchrony card worth keeping when you have Chase Amazon Card?

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Is amazon synchrony card worth keeping when you have Chase Amazon Card?

I havn't used this card, and would rather close it myself versus have them close it for inactivity. It seems like everything available in synchrony card is available in the Chase Amazon card, so it is it still worth keeping it? Is there any promotions that occur on the syncrhony card over the Chase rewards card?

Message 1 of 13
12 REPLIES 12
simplynoir
Community Leader
Mega Contributor

Re: Is amazon synchrony card worth keeping when you have Chase Amazon Card?

Unless you value financing options which Synchrony Amazon has then no need to keep the card.

Message 2 of 13
rbentley
Established Contributor

The Sync card will grow faster than the Chase.  CLI with Sync is a SP, whereas it is a HP with Chase.  I haven't been able to get a APR reduction with Chase.  I understand that Sync is more liberal with that, but I don't have any experience with them.

Message 3 of 13
pinkandgrey
Senior Contributor

I would say no. The Chase Card is significantly better in most cases.
Discover It: 21.5k
Amex Cash Magnet: 18k
Fidelity Visa: 16.5k
Apple Card: 4.25k
Message 4 of 13
Anonymous
Not applicable

I agree that the Chase card might have better terms. But Chase is skiddish and slow to give limit increases. The AMZN store card I got the beginning of February this year and it has already more than tripled its original credit line.

Message 5 of 13
AverageJoesCredit
Legendary Contributor

Chase is bad, Mkay! Dont do Chase! Chase is bad mmkay!

"CHASE IS THE DEVIL!" - Mama says : BB
Message 6 of 13
Anonymous
Not applicable

I would honestly keep the Sync product. 24 months deferred interest comes in handy on big ticket items and the 12 and 6 months on lesser purchases can be useful as well. As mentioned, Sync cards grow... a lot... if you have the income, a call to credit solutions can get you far beyond the $10K cap imposed by the website. 

Message 7 of 13
Anonymous
Not applicable

You could always just keep it and have your membership applied to it, then pay it off.  That would keep it open and as other have said it can grow for those big purchases.

Message 8 of 13
Loquat
Moderator Emeritus

The upside to Synchrony over Chase is what has already been mentioned.  The limits tend to grow faster with Synchrony than with Chase and at the moment Synchrony is still a SP but that could change any time they want.  With that being said Chase does one a huge upside and that is that their product is a Visa which can be used just about anywhere whereas the Synchrony card obvisouly can't.  If I had to pick one or the other I'd go with Chase because of the ability to be used elsewhere but the Synchrony version isn't bad either...I have both, Synchrony long before Chase though. 

Message 9 of 13
Anonymous
Not applicable

Thanks everyone. Closed the Synchrony card, doesn't seem worth holding both. Too many cards anyway!
Message 10 of 13
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.