Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Is anyone else being driven crazy waiting? Check in here

tag
Red1Blue
Super Contributor

Re: Is anyone else being driven crazy waiting? Check in here

Dont loose your sleep with FBNO. They are very conservative and approve every thing manually. It could take 2-4 weeks before you hear from them.

Message 11 of 20
john398
Senior Contributor

@ChesterPDexter wrote:

By the way, that's the first real 700 score I've seen for myself - 

EVER  ! ! ! !  Smiley Happy

btw, my husband is such a shameless application-whore that before I was finished with this post or finished registering for online access, he had already applied, spoken with them on the phone to verify some things, was put on hold, and told he'll hear from them in the mail.  No instant approval for him.  If there's a sub-dungeon, he belongs in it.  He's got a real problem.  Smiley Indifferent

Congrats, you say real score, but wwith those ranges, are you sure thats a real score?

The range of scores

Scores range from a low of 250 to a high of 900.

Message 12 of 20
Anonymous
Not applicable

Sounds like Vantage Scores not FICO.

Message 13 of 20
MarineVietVet
Moderator Emeritus

@Anonymous wrote:

Sounds like Vantage Scores not FICO.

It's not a VS. They go from 501-990.

From a BK years ago to:
EX - 3/11 pulled by lender- 835, EQ - 2/11-816, TU - 2/11-782

"Some people spend an entire lifetime wondering if they've made a difference. The Marines don't have that problem".

Message 14 of 20
ChesterPDexter
Established Contributor

Oh yeah, you're right.  I got so excited I didn't even pay attention to that.  Oh well, whatever the hell...  And if the range goes up to 900, then a 704 is that much better, right?  Oh, wait - but the low point is 250. (Clearly I hardly care now, I'm so glad to get in with this prime bank and get that much more room I can BT some debt to for 21 long months.  Smiley Happy  )

Now I'm getting curious, though... I wonder what scoring model they used.

Moderator Emeritus

That is a valid range of a certain version of EX. Here are some older threads talking about a PFICO score.

From a BK years ago to:
EX - 3/11 pulled by lender- 835, EQ - 2/11-816, TU - 2/11-782

"Some people spend an entire lifetime wondering if they've made a difference. The Marines don't have that problem".

Message 16 of 20
ChesterPDexter
Established Contributor

Thanks, MarineVietVet!  Sorry to everyone for my coarse language.  I should get a grip.  I'm just so happy that I feel like I won money or something!  (Actually, I did - because I'm in the process of paying off debt, and every balance I can transfer to 0% means money I don't pay every month in interest.)

Senior Contributor

Yes 0% is great congrats again

Message 18 of 20
ChesterPDexter
Established Contributor

OK, I'm putting on my gardener's gloves now, for sure.  Why wouldn't I?  I can now move ALL my debt to 0%.  I think I'll need a tranquilizer or something.  I can't even believe this. Anyone who's struggling to just get any credit at all, or to break out of bottom-tier credit land - don't be jealous, I've been there, and for a long, frustrating time.  I once could only get Sam's Club to give me a $300 CL and I also sported a First Bank of Marin (anyone remember that one?) in my wallet.  And Household Bank for a few hundred dollars.  Orchard for $300 - you get the picture.  And if you knew how much interest I've paid to high balances on terrilble cards over the last 5 years (it makes me sick to know it's been that long that I've been climbing out of this mess), you'd be sick too.

The word from Omaha (Short, sweet, and to the point, aren't they?)

Application Status     

Your application was approved on 12/14/2011 with an initial credit line of $5,300.00.    A card will be sent to you within 7-10 business days.

Regular Contributor

I am glad that I found this thread - I realize that it is older, however - I am going stir crazy - I cannot wait until I "just might" be able to qualify for "prime" cards again.  I was in the garden before I even knew that there was a garden.  Would love to know if could be approved, to scared to even app for fear of denial and what it would do to my current scores, which seem to inch up a tad every few months or so....it is just the waiting, not knowing, that gets to me.  This forum has been so helpful since I started reading.  I must admit, I think that I have become addicted to this site.  Everyone's posts, it seems, are helpful in one way or another. 

But...for now, I guess back into that garden till at least November, which then, I might try my luck again with Wal-Mart - also thought about the Speedway Card since most of my gas is purchased there and with the right card from them I could earn extra "speedy" points - cashed them in once for the $50 Applebees card - nice way to go out for fee.

TTFN

K

Starting Score: 650 Current Score: EQ:674 (SW Alert 12-28-15) - TU: 698 (5/27/13 SW)Chapter 7 filed 8/2009 - Discharged 12/2009 Goal Score: 750
Joined the garden again 12/5/13
In the garden again till at least 6/1/16

http:
Message 20 of 20
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.