Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Is anyone else getting bombarded with Citi Pre-Approved letters

tag
tbolt2
Contributor

Is anyone else getting bombarded with Citi Pre-Approved letters

DW has received three pre-approved card offers in the mail within the last 7 days:

Citi Dividend Platinum - she applied, approved instantly 2000+ CL

Diamond Preferred - applied two days after the Dividend card, also approved instantly but lower CL

both with 0% for 18 months, 13.99% after that and no annual fees

Today, when the Dividend card came in there was another envelope with the 3rd preapproved offer.......

Citi Simplicity - also 0% for 18 months with no annual fee.14.99% after 18 months   

Can't convince her to app for this one though - says she won't app again until she gets a preapproved offer from somebody else like Chase or Discover..... 

Citi CSR apparently was not  kidding when he said Citi didn't care how many accounts a person has with them.

Kinda jealousSmiley Wink - she's getting prime card offers all of a sudden after being AU on some of my accounts for about 6 months. I'm rebuilding - still getting the offers for 300 cards with outrageous AF's... two so far this week..

Starting Score: 534 11/09
Current Score: FICO 652 05/11
Goal Score: 700+

Take the FICO Fitness Challenge

Message 1 of 20
19 REPLIES 19
smallfry
Senior Contributor

Re: Is anyone else getting bombarded with Citi Pre-Approved letters

Get them all the time.

Message 2 of 20
ArisGreek
Frequent Contributor

Yup. I keep getting them for the card I have, as well as American Airlines card, and the Citi Dividend card. I get at least 2-3 times a WEEK.  I also get bombarded twice a week with Discover.  Citi and Discover send me mail every single week.

===========
TU: 745(TU98) | EQ: 774 | EX: ? | NO BADDIES!
What's in my wallet? AMEX Platinum, United Presidential Plus World Elite MC, AMEX JetBlue, Nordstrom Visa Sig, Chase Sapphire Preferred, Discover More, AMEX Zync, Citi AAdvantage Plat Select Visa, Banana Republic, Home Depot
Message 3 of 20
UFGuy2006
Established Contributor

Yep I have two accounts with Citi and I get at least one offer a day... its kinda rediculous.

Message 4 of 20
way2evil
New Contributor

My parents both have Citi cards and they get about 10 of these letters (each) every week pre approving them for the same card they already have.

Message 5 of 20
OnTheRebound
Established Contributor

I get bombarded with Balance Transfer checks weekly it seems. My wife gets preapproved offers 2-3 times a week. Ridiculous.

Amex BCE $11.1 / Citi Diamond Preferred WMC $12K / Citi Double Cash WMC $3.8K / Comenity Total Rewards Visa $2.5K / Citi Home Depot $5K / AU- Amex BCP $12K / Chase Freedom Visa $11014.00 / PenFed Platinum Rewards Visa Signature $6K / GE Lowes $10K
myFico Scores on 10/03/2014
Eq 798 / Exp 811 / Trans 814
CCT Fico 08 on 1/3/16 - Trans 786 / Exp 793 / Eq 797
Message 6 of 20
MakeItAMudLight
Frequent Contributor

I get two to three a week and already have two Citi cards.

Message 7 of 20
Uborrow-Upay
Valued Contributor

+++(1?) to all of the above.

Citi likes good customers, for sure.  They figure they might as well corner the market before anyone else gets to them.

At least, that's how I see it.   I've 3 Citi cards already, and they still send this stuff, almost weekly.

Message 8 of 20
MagicShot
Contributor

@tbolt2 wrote:

DW has received three pre-approved card offers in the mail within the last 7 days:

Citi Dividend Platinum - she applied, approved instantly 2000+ CL

Diamond Preferred - applied two days after the Dividend card, also approved instantly but lower CL

both with 0% for 18 months, 13.99% after that and no annual fees

Today, when the Dividend card came in there was another envelope with the 3rd preapproved offer.......

Citi Simplicity - also 0% for 18 months with no annual fee.14.99% after 18 months   

Can't convince her to app for this one though - says she won't app again until she gets a preapproved offer from somebody else like Chase or Discover..... 

Citi CSR apparently was not  kidding when he said Citi didn't care how many accounts a person has with them.

Kinda jealousSmiley Wink - she's getting prime card offers all of a sudden after being AU on some of my accounts for about 6 months. I'm rebuilding - still getting the offers for 300 cards with outrageous AF's... two so far this week..

My wife gets 2-3 a weeks too. I was getting them for a while when my score was in the mide 700s.

It seems when your score is in the mid 700s they bombard you with pre-approvals for prime cards all the time unless you opt-out.

Message 9 of 20
amp0804
Regular Contributor

Yea, I also get 3-4 per month and balance transfer checks twice a month. I currently carry two cards with them also.

A Divended plus and Forward both over 7k. If they really want to give me another one I will probably apply next year.

Does citi combine limits??
Message 10 of 20
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.