cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Is anyone having issues with HSBC not reporting to the CRAs?

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Is anyone having issues with HSBC not reporting to the CRAs?

Unfortunately, no.    I decided to pull my Fico score ahead of time so in case they were too low in wouldn't cost me a rejection and an inquiry.

It's a good thing I did, now my Equifax was fine it was 677 but my Transunion however was 582  Smiley Sad   My HSBC CC had not yet been updated.   I'm currently at a 7.5% util but the CRAs show it at 64-65%  I also received a CLI.   So I'm hoping I get some badly needed points when it does finally update. So after speaking with the LO it was decided it would be better to wait a few weeks or so.

However, I don't think the credit cards alone will be enough to bring me up to a 640 or better.   I do have a CO Cap 1 account that was settled but it is still showing a balance so after speaking with the loan officer I mailed a dispute to the CRAs with the settlement offer and proof of payment in order to get it to show a zero balance.   Then there is another dispute I have with Fashion Bug I haven't heard anything from them or Transunion and the 30 days is up on March 24.  So I'm hopeful that by the end of the month I will have enough points to qualify for a mortgage.

Message 11 of 23
lexus400
New Contributor

I am wondering the same thing. I have 2 accounts with them that i just paid down to a zero balance, was not reported since Jan 2010.

Starting Score: 12/09 EQ606 TU609 EX624 pulled by VA lender
Current Score:7/4/10 EQ 698 TU 713 EX 703 pullued by loan officer
Goal Score: 750

Take the FICO Fitness Challenge

Message 12 of 23
lexus400
New Contributor

Can you please send me th number, Thanks

Message 13 of 23
Anonymous
Not applicable

If HSBC is unwilling to update, you could always file a dispute with the CRA, then they have no choice but to update.

Message 14 of 23
JoeBJay20
Established Contributor

I would hold off on disputing, that could possibly cause the entire tradeline to be deleted from your credit reports. Unless you're app'ing for a mortgage (in which case you could just do a rapid rescore), then just be patient and eventually the balances will update. 

Message 15 of 23
Anonymous
Not applicable

Neither of my Orchard Bank cards have updated since January. I have monthly activity/PIF on both.

Message 16 of 23
Kiwill
Frequent Contributor

Same here.  I have two HSBC cards and both haven't been updated since Jan-10 however and showing zero balances, I am in the minority that I hope they don't update until the end of the month for my Orchard card.  Last month I accidentally paid my balance in full on the last day of the month instead of thte last business day of the month which left me a balance so luckily it hasn't been reported yetSmiley Wink, with my luck though it's probably being updated as I type this.  Anyhow I have since put on a new balance plus their AF has been tacked onto the balance totaling $177 of $900 limit, so hopefully nothing will be reported until the end of this month which will leave me with a zero balance plus a $400 CLI!  My fingers are crossed for an update no earlier than the end of March.

Starting Score: EQ 729, TU 752, EX ? (1/1/2011)
Current Score: EQ 696, TU 718, EX 686 - PSECU (5/17/2011)
Goal Score: ALL 800+ by December 31, 2011

PROUD MEMBER OF THE 700 CLUB!
Message 17 of 23
meehan20
Valued Member

my Orchard Bank CC has been updating every month just fine. I wish it wouldn't  have since i had a pretty high balance on it but payed it off in full this week and threw it in my desk.

Good luck in the next few weeks for you can get that house!

EQUIFAX
06/30/06- 713
12/12/07- 375
10/17/08- 457
3/10/2010- 519
$13,000 worth of debt still out there in collections/charged off accounts.
Message 18 of 23
lexus400
New Contributor

FYI,  My report has not been updated since Jan 2010. Called HSBC today an asked why its taking so long for the updates. Of course got the same Bla bla Blah. Went to check my CR 3hrs later and walaah. It was updated. But it said Feb 2010. Oh well I guess ill have to call back for March Huh. LOL

Message 19 of 23
egold1234
Contributor

I just opened a HSBC account, I hope they report the account by the end of the month like I heard they do. I could really use the decrease in utilization!

Message 20 of 23
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.