cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Is anyone having issues with HSBC not reporting to the CRAs?

tag
haulingthescoreup
Moderator Emerita

Re: Is anyone having issues with HSBC not reporting to the CRAs?

@JoeBJay20 wrote:
I would hold off on disputing, that could possibly cause the entire tradeline to be deleted from your credit reports. Unless you're app'ing for a mortgage (in which case you could just do a rapid rescore), then just be patient and eventually the balances will update.

While it's true that this <i>could</i> happen, it's generally more of a problem with closed accounts. I have had to do this with a store card that got very stubborn about reporting a $0 balance.
From what happened when I did this, I would advise disputing with only one CRA, and seeing if the correct balance then shows up on all three. I first disputed with all three, got it fixed, then had to dispute again four months later, at which point Experian refused to investigate, saying that it had already done so. No, idiots, that was a different episode. Smiley Tongue
But it is definitely a good idea to always remember that disputing can have unanticipated consequences. From my years here on the board, I'm pretty certain that HSBC/ Orchard frequently doesn't bother to update in January and sometimes February as well. It seems to be a recurring theme.
* Credit is a wonderful servant, but a terrible master. * Who's the boss --you or your credit?
FICO's: EQ 781 - TU 793 - EX 779 (from PSECU) - Done credit hunting; having fun with credit gardening. - EQ 590 on 5/14/2007
Message 21 of 23
MRMAGOO222

I have also had issues with their reporting.

I paid off my hsbc mastercard in January.

They never reproted since.

I closed account 2 weeks ago, over the phone.

I checked yesterday on my new cr and they have not reported still since jan.

still shows balance from Jan 15th and open.

called them twice about this and they said

" we report every month the credit bureau can take up to 60 days to update that info"

BS- I know it and they know it.  they are pullin something - but I am not sure why.?

I guess if they don't report pif accounts then your score may suffer long enough that

you don't qualify for a new account with better interest rates and come crawling back to them for more

dishonest practices and thievery?   allegedly.

confused and puttin' a new hate spin on what seems to be an old problem.

by the way the last csr I spoke to was wuite defensive about the whole reporting thing-

so maybe all the complaining is getting to them.

hr>Starting Score: 591EQ. 604TU
3/01/10: 651EQ _ 688 TU
03/18/10: 703EQ,736TU.. THANKS myFico & Contributors. FOR EDUCATION!!Goal Score: 775

Take the FICO Fitness Challenge
Message 22 of 23
Anonymous
Not applicable

they do this all the time.

Mine hasn't updated since Jan. either

Message 23 of 23
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.