cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Is anyone here able to pay Comcast with a credit card?

tag
haulingthescoreup
Moderator Emerita

Is anyone here able to pay Comcast with a credit card?

I've managed to get my Verizon bill onto American Express, but I'm stuck with everyone else. Our local utility is a definite no, but I could swear that I've read about someone paying Comcast with a card?

Anyone able to pull this off? BTW, it doesn't have to be AmEx. I have many hungry cards to feed! Smiley Very Happy
* Credit is a wonderful servant, but a terrible master. * Who's the boss --you or your credit?
FICO's: EQ 781 - TU 793 - EX 779 (from PSECU) - Done credit hunting; having fun with credit gardening. - EQ 590 on 5/14/2007
Message 1 of 28
27 REPLIES 27
ficonovice
Frequent Contributor

Re: Is anyone here able to pay Comcast with a credit card?

I pay my Comcast bill online with a Citicard....
Rust never sleeps and neither does my fico score...
Message 2 of 28
haulingthescoreup
Moderator Emerita

@ficonovice wrote:
I pay my Comcast bill online with a Citicard....

Is the option visible on your online account? I can't find anything on my site, and I've long since given up on finding a Comcast billing CSR who truly knows what's what. (The service outage people have been great, though.)

edit to add: just saw where I can pay one month at a time with a CC, but the ongoing option involves drafting from checking or savings. Is that how you pay (having to do it each month?)

Message Edited by haulingthescoreup on 04-27-2008 02:02 PM
* Credit is a wonderful servant, but a terrible master. * Who's the boss --you or your credit?
FICO's: EQ 781 - TU 793 - EX 779 (from PSECU) - Done credit hunting; having fun with credit gardening. - EQ 590 on 5/14/2007
Message 3 of 28
Anonymous
Not applicable

Hauling,

When I had Comcast a year and a half ago I paid with a CC, but I called in each month and talked to a CSR to do it. I couldn't set it up automatically. I considered it worth it because I was building 1,200+ points a year on a rewards card.
Message 4 of 28
ficonovice
Frequent Contributor

It's not really intuitive. Are you able to pay online, but just not with a credit card, or can you not find where to pay online?

At the Comcast site, Comcast.com go to Customers and login (or create an account). My account user name is my e-mail account with Comcast. Once logging in, there's an option for Pay Bill:

Make a one-time payment using your checking account

Make a one-time payment using your credit card.

Make it a regular thing:

Update your monthly electronic payment profile from your checking or savings.Set up automatic monthly electronic payments from your checking or savings.

Update your monthly electronic payment profile using your VISA® or other major credit card.Set up automatic monthly electronic payments using your VISA® or other major credit card.

Set it and forget it... you're covered every month.

Rust never sleeps and neither does my fico score...
Message 5 of 28
Dawn
Established Contributor

My daughter's is auto-billed to her CC each month and hers was set up by telephone because until yesterday, she had never accessed her Comcast account online. 

Before Comcast took over Time Warner in our neck of the woods, there were different web-sites (and I suppose options) in different areas of the country.  Maybe it is that way with Comcast as well?
Message 6 of 28
haulingthescoreup
Moderator Emerita

@ficonovice wrote:

Make it a regular thing:

Update your monthly electronic payment profile from your checking or savings.Set up automatic monthly electronic payments from your checking or savings.

Update your monthly electronic payment profile using your VISA® or other major credit card.Set up automatic monthly electronic payments using your VISA® or other major credit card.

Set it and forget it... you're covered every month.

Well, shoot, the only option that I have for "make it a regular thing" is the checking/ savings option. Maybe if I do the month-at-a-time thing with a CC, this other option will pop up. Alternatively, it's a geographic thing, and it's just not available in my area.

Hmmph. Smiley Mad But thanks for letting me know! At least I know that it's a possibility, somewhere.

edit to add: Dawn, that's looking more and more like what's happening--it's according to where you live. But I will call Comcast and tell the poor CSR that I just happen to know a couple of people who can do this on a recurring basis! Smiley Wink

Message Edited by haulingthescoreup on 04-27-2008 02:19 PM
Message 7 of 28
SonorityGenius
Established Contributor

Hey hauling!

I have my comcast auto-pay feature turned on to charge my chase amazon every friggin' month for the points! (4x $25 amazon certs in a year already woohooo!)

There are 2 comcast websites that let you "login"

Comcast.com
Comcast.net

you gotta login comcast.net and click My Account > Bill Pay > Auto Feature

(I am in NJ)

Rake those points in!
Message 8 of 28
Red1Blue
Super Contributor

Yes, I have been paying by credit card for Comcast for several months.
Message 9 of 28
haulingthescoreup
Moderator Emerita

Aaargh! This is so exasperating! Why isn't this option on my site, plain old Comcast.com??? It must be locality specific. I have to log in first to get to the options, so they know where I live.

I want my points! Especially since we have all three (HDTV, Internet, and phone), and we're up to $140+/ month.
Message 10 of 28
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.