Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Is applying for a new card a good idea?

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Is applying for a new card a good idea?

I’m 19 I got my first credit card a year ago. A Cap1 platinum unsecured with a SL of $300 and got auto CLI’s up to 1k. My scores are 740 FICO and 703-709 TU and EQ. I have two inquiries from last year (2017)and by next year (2019) I would like to apply for the AMEX BCE or BCP And I wanted to know if that would be a good idea as I’m trying to build up my credit enough by July of next year to get a good deal on a car. As of now my approval odds for the BCE/P are “excellent”. But if there’s another card that would help build of my credit better/faster please let me know. Again looking to apply next year not this year. Thanks for the help. Also not worried about the AF on the BCP

Also I usually have high balances but I pay them in full
Message 1 of 4
3 REPLIES 3
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Is applying for a new card a good idea?

With your scores currently, I would go for Chase Freedom Card first. Glad to see you're planning/mapping out your credit route.
Message 2 of 4
Anonymous
Not applicable

Thanks for the tip. Forgot to mention I just upgraded today to a quicksilver
Message 3 of 4
SouthJamaica
Mega Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:
I’m 19 I got my first credit card a year ago. A Cap1 platinum unsecured with a SL of $300 and got auto CLI’s up to 1k. My scores are 740 FICO and 703-709 TU and EQ. I have two inquiries from last year (2017)and by next year (2019) I would like to apply for the AMEX BCE or BCP And I wanted to know if that would be a good idea as I’m trying to build up my credit enough by July of next year to get a good deal on a car. As of now my approval odds for the BCE/P are “excellent”. But if there’s another card that would help build of my credit better/faster please let me know. Again looking to apply next year not this year. Thanks for the help. Also not worried about the AF on the BCP

Also I usually have high balances but I pay them in full

One card is as good as another for building your credit, so you should just pick the card that would be most useful to you.

Total revolving limits 741200 (620700 reporting) FICO 8: EQ 703 TU 704 EX 691

Message 4 of 4
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.