Did you mean: 

Is being ask to show ID against credit card/merchant agreement

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Is being ask to show ID against credit card/merchant agreement

Bran9192 wrote:
Thanks Cheddar!
I always thought they charged him a fee because he was a kid and wouldn't realize the difference and like I said I don't go it this store since it was bought by new people and they have employeed a noisey neighbor that likes to scream profanity at my daughter. Now that I know this I think I'm going to make it a point to go in with him the next time he stops in there! Where can I find some kind of documentation of this rule to provide the next time he goes in there. I have asked him not to shop there however it's the only store between home & school ( 3 miles away from home ) and he would rather pay the .50 than drive 15 minutes out of the way for drinks or whatever.

Here's the "Rules for Visa Merchants" handbook:

The rule against surcharges is at the top of page 10.

Also see page 29 for ID policies and even a special note on cards signed with "See ID".

Message Edited by cheddar on 06-26-2008 04:04 PM
Message 51 of 56
Anonymous
Not applicable

Thanks Cheddar! You are a sweet heart!
Message 52 of 56
Anonymous
Not applicable

Debit is different-

They can charge a debit fee- just not a CC fee.

Bran9192 wrote:

Message 53 of 56
Anonymous
Not applicable

Timothy wrote:
Debit is different-

They can charge a debit fee- just not a CC fee.

Bran9192 wrote:

Really?

Didn't know that.

Off to do some more research.

Message 54 of 56
Meltdownblitz
Frequent Contributor

Bump. Anyone got any updated info on this?

Barclays Uber - 4% Restaurants, 2% Online Purchases/Everyday Card || PenFed Cash - 5% Gas || Amazon Visa Signature - 5% Amazon || U.S. Bank Cash+ - 5% Utilities, 5% Cable/Internet || AMEX BCP - 6% Groceries || WF Cash - Cell Insurance || Rotating 5% Categories - Chase Freedom, Discover It, Citi Dividend || AMEX Zync - For Fun!

Message 55 of 56
scottwagnon
Valued Contributor

wow. totally different cluster of thoughts, not those that i am used to reading here. wow. different ways of thinking back then or a group of members perspectives that think differently from the present group perhaps. when the thread was bumped, i started reading it, and even before i looked at the date of the thread, it was clear to me that it was an old thread even before my eyes confirmed it.

earth air water fire master visa express discover
Message 56 of 56
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.