cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Is citi still slow at sending new credit cards these days?

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Is citi still slow at sending new credit cards these days?

Told Citi is the slowest one at sending new cards, which might take 2 weeks or longer to come. 

Got approved for the double cash on Mar 26, wish to pay my rent by Apr 4, MI ... 

Message 1 of 10
9 REPLIES 9
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Is citi still slow at sending new credit cards these days?

Congratulations on your approval! I got the Citi DC in January, and as I recall it did take quite a while to receive. I’d be surprised if you received your card in time to make that April 4th payment, but anything is possible I guess!
Message 2 of 10
xXIDaShizIXx
Established Contributor

@Anonymouswrote:

Told Citi is the slowest one at sending new cards, which might take 2 weeks or longer to come. 

Got approved for the double cash on Mar 26, wish to pay my rent by Apr 4, MI ... 

Yeah, same thing happened to my wife. Took 3 weeks to get her card.

Bank of America Cash Rewards: $70k; Chase Sapphire Preferred: $35k; Capital One Quicksilver: $21.2k; Citi AAdvantage: $23.5k; Care Credit: $20k; Chase Freedom: $12.5k; Chase Freedom Unlimited: $12.5k; Citi Simplicity: $15.9k; Wayfair: $22K; Barclaycard Rewards: $10k; Car Care One: $10k; AMEX BCE: $15k; Discover IT Miles: $10k; Citi DC: $9.2k; Marvel: $10k; Ashley Furniture: $6k; PayPal Credit: $10k; US Bank Cash +: $5k;
Message 3 of 10
waxingmoon

I recently had a 3/20 approval and 3/29 delivery for my Costco Visa. It may get there in time, but it will be awfully close.

FICO 8's as of 11/10/2020 - EX(710)EQ(698)TU(703)
AmEx EveryDay($7500) | AmEx BCE($1100) | Barclays View MC($1700)
Discover It($5100) | Capital One QS1($2500) | Wal-Mart($6000) | Citi Diamond($1850) | Citi Costco($5500)
BofA Cash Rewards($3100) | Chase Freedom Unlimited($3300) | Chase Slate($3700) | Citi Rewards+($3200) | PenFed PCR($7500)
PNC Core($4000) | Amazon Prime Storecard($1500) | Citi DC($2900)
Message 4 of 10
Anonymous
Not applicable

It seems to vary a lot in different cases, but 3 weeks is really too long ...

Message 5 of 10
Anonymous
Not applicable

Wish good luck for me

Message 6 of 10
Anonymous
Not applicable

Yeah, I heard the fastest case is 6 days, but generally longer than it. I called the citi customer service the day after I got approved, the rep told me the card was sent and I should receive it between Apr 4 to Apr 9 but she refused to tell me whether the welcome package sent or the one with card.

Message 7 of 10
Anonymous
Not applicable

Yes, they are still slow.

Just FYI though, when I was waiting for my ThankYou Premier for over a week, called in the customer service and wanted to make sure that they did send out the card. They were kind of surprised it still didn't arrive, and then they expedited a replacement card to me. Then a week later the original card arrived.

Message 8 of 10
Creditplz
Valued Contributor

Got approved for the TYP, and it took 3 weeks from the approval email to get the card -__-
Message 9 of 10
Anonymous
Not applicable

Citi has taken two to four weeks for most of the cards I have. Very slow.
Message 10 of 10
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.